Keeping safety priorities high.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cecil

Reaction score
They teach us much, probably motivate us more than we'd like to think, and illustrate proper procedures.

Safety.JPG

Accidents are avoidable nearly 100 percent of the time.

Probably the most important aspect of safety is having the right attitude... One has to be safety minded and promote a safety culture (one that values safe practices and discourages or punishes outright dangerous activities rather than goes "oh, COOL!"). The temptation to move to a "no harm, no foul" attitude creates a LOT of problems... just ask NASA, they lost two shuttles to such attitudes... "It hasn't happened yet, so it can't happen" is only true until it DOES happen...

Having yahoos around who's mantra is "Safety thurd" (deliberately misspelled) running around like idiots doesn't help either... that type can stay at home and pound sand as far as I'm concerned...

Later! OL JR :)

Probably the most important aspect of safety is having the attitude. )

There is no doubt about this. As a physician, this is a problem in the medical industry. The most important thing is to be accepting of others pointing out safety concerns. If you get upset, others will not bring up concerns. You must promote a culture of safety.

Or, if you work for my current employer...they will tell you: *Safety is our #1 priority!*
What they won't tell you is: *Safety is our #1 priority...UNTIL it costs us money....*

Sad but, true. :facepalm:

One thing the Air Force taught me (long before i entered the private sector) is...*Safety and, Security must never be compromised.* Boy oh boy did we live that standard too.

>>One thing the Air Force taught me (long before i entered the private sector) is...*Safety and, Security must never be compromised.* Boy oh boy did we live that standard too.

Hope that's still true. I have no doubt that *Safety is our #1 priority...UNTIL it costs us money....* is ubiquitous.

Back