Bizarre but is it possible?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker050608

Reaction score
I was taking the trash out the other day and noticed something interesting about my daughters diaper genie.

The diaper genie uses a continuous tube like bag to contain the toxic waste that babies produce lol.

The bag is roughly 6 or 7 inches in diameter and I'm guessing about 10 feet long. (Just a guess because if I waste one of them to find out the wife would cut me). And I would say around 2 mil in thickness.

Now for my question, would this be a viable material to use for vacuum bagging composites on tube layups? As long as you can control the wrinkles that will occur on smaller diameter tubes?ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1415413091.782122.jpg
This is what the tube like bag is contained in for ease of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I'm surprised that Thirsty B has'nt been here yet to make Poop Jokes! What gives?:confused2:

the Diaper Genie's bag loop is tied off. This forms one end. When a Biomass/SAM deposit is made, the user puts a cap in place and twists. This encases the deposit into a 'sausage'. After a dozen or so sausages are on the chain, the user operates a razor that cuts the chains, opens the container, ties the other end of the chain, removes and trashes it. Then the process repeats.

At least that's where the tech was in late '99. That's the last time I used one. Then we largely switched to washables.

the Diaper Genie's bag loop is tied off. This forms one end. When a Biomass/SAM deposit is made, the user puts a cap in place and twists. This encases the deposit into a 'sausage'. After a dozen or so sausages are on the chain, the user operates a razor that cuts the chains, opens the container, ties the other end of the chain, removes and trashes it. Then the process repeats.

At least that's where the tech was in late '99. That's the last time I used one. Then we largely switched to washables.

When our present-day generation of humanity excavates the remains of ancient civilizations, we find their art and pottery. When future generations excavate our landfills, they are going to find miles and miles of baby-sh!t sausages.

When our present-day generation of humanity excavates the remains of ancient civilizations, we find their art and pottery. When future generations excavate our landfills, they are going to find miles and miles of baby-sh!t sausages.

:clap::rofl:

They did away with the sausages. This is basically just a bag tied at both ends. Guess I'll just have to figure this one out myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Vacuum bagging has a couple layers that need to be applied.
You have the peel-ply, then the breather fabric, finally the bag and vacuum port.
The bag has to withstand vacuum pressure from you pump.
I doubt that a Diaper genie was designed to with stand a vacuum.

The poor mans vacuum bag setup aka: food saver works!

I just pulled out my vacuum bagging materials.
To take inventory of what I have as, I haven't touched any of it for quite some time.

JD

Them sausages are a gold mine to future farmers. Just grind em up and distribute the result on the soil.
There will, however, be shots fired by the down-wind neighbors.

But on-topic, what you are trying to do is get a light, divot free surface to the glass added to a tube. I don't get perfect tubes, but I do get them somewhat lighter by rolling excess resin away with a roll of toilet paper (to keep near the diaper theme) and then wrapping wax paper around the tube. The wax paper can sort of be "tightened" by hand to give a somewhat smoother finish, and then peeled off when the resin is set.

You guy's are toooo funny....
I'm glad you could come through tooo Eric...

Teddy

Back