Rocketry Books

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CzTeacherMan

Reaction score
Making my Christmas list... What's the best BOOK resource for everything I need to know about High Power Rocketry?

Canepa's book is great.

However, the Kindle version is terrible - simply awful formatting.

Get the print version - it's excellent. Do NOT get the Kindle/digital version.

s6

Does anyone know if there were any book(s) written about model rocketry and the Hardy Boys?
Maybe Tom Swift and the Model Rocket, or Nancy Drew solves the case of the misfiring model rocket?

It seems like such a natural to promote the hobby to the right age of youngsters...

Does anyone know if there were any book(s) written about model rocketry and the Hardy Boys?
Maybe Tom Swift and the Model Rocket, or Nancy Drew solves the case of the misfiring model rocket?

It seems like such a natural to promote the hobby to the right age of youngsters...

I had all the Hardy Boys Books when I was a Kid. This one had a Rocket. I don't remember what it was about exactly, but it's Hardy Boys, so it must be good.

thCAZFCZMN.jpg

@CZTeacherMan- you might need this:
images.jpg

they should give it out for free at the entrance of Wildman's trailer :)

Here are a few more... I think Stine and Canepa should be required reading.

books (1).jpg

books (2).jpg

books (3).jpg

books (4).jpg

books (5).jpg

books (6).jpg

books (7).jpg

books (8).jpg

books.jpg

content.jpg

That "50 Model Rocket Projects For The Evil Genius" Sucks. I gave my Copy away.

Here are a few more... I think Stine and Canepa should be required reading.

The publishers of Make magazine are supposed to have a high power book coming out some time in 2015. They're the ones who put out Make: Rockets: Down-to-Earth Rocket Science by Mike Westerfield. That was about LP, but I loved it, and I can't wait for the HP book.

The publishers of Make magazine are supposed to have a high power book coming out some time in 2015. They're the ones who put out Make: Rockets: Down-to-Earth Rocket Science by Mike Westerfield. That was about LP, but I loved it, and I can't wait for the HP book.

It is available for pre-order on Amazon.com with an August 25 release date.

So, Westerfield's new HPR book . . . What is the difference between the two versions I have been seeing images of ?

Dave F.

71k2ZaDMt1L.jpg

page_1.jpg

Canepa is a good reference, and I also like Model Rocket Design and Construction by Van Milligan, even though it is more at the MPR end of HPR IIRC.

I have Mark Canepa's book ( I'm even mentioned in it - LOL ! ) . . .

I was looking for something a little more "up to date" to supplement it.

Why are there two different covers on Whitfield's book ?

Dave F.

I have Mark Canepa's book ( I'm even mentioned in it - LOL ! ) . . .

I was looking for something a little more "up to date" to supplement it.

Why are there two different covers on Whitfield's book ?

Dave F.
Maybe its a first and second printing type thing.

So, Westerfield's new HPR book . . . What is the difference between the two versions I have been seeing images of ?

Dave F.

71k2ZaDMt1L.jpg

page_1.jpg

I believe the bottom image is what was on Amazon for a year or so, while the book took longer than anticipated to come out. The top image is the final art on the final version which came out in print. The book isn't that old, so there isn't a second edition yet.

I believe the bottom image is what was on Amazon for a year or so, while the book took longer than anticipated to come out. The top image is the final art on the final version which came out in print. The book isn't that old, so there isn't a second edition yet.

Thanks for the info . . . Very helpful !

Dave F.

Back