Eggtimer Rocketry Products Assembly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cody smiths Mini tracker:

IMG_1244.jpg

Looks akin to the Altus Metrum APRS tracker but Derek's is likely on the 33cm (900Mhz) band and doesn't require a license. I suspect the EggFinder receiver might be compatible?? Kurt

Looks akin to the Altus Metrum APRS tracker but Derek's is likely on the 33cm (900Mhz) band and doesn't require a license. I suspect the EggFinder receiver might be compatible?? Kurt

I don't believe it is compatible. It uses a Xbee radio.

Cody is just using an Xbee to USB adapter with the unlock gps program that gives the altitude, coordinated and satellites connected.

I want everyone to know that Connor did a fantastic job assembling my Eggfinders and LCD unit. You can see in the pictures below the quality of his work, and both powered up and performed perfectly. He also communicated well, and shipped everything in a USPS damage resistant way (this cannot be overstated, my postman takes stamps like "fragile" and "do not bend" as a challenge). Also, I chose to run mine on a LiPo, but he even soldered a JST connector on the AAA battery box in case I wanted to go that route. It will make a good backup to keep in the range box.

When I get more Egg-Products they will be going straight to Connor for assembly.

To be clear on his services, he assembled the electronics, and I assembled the case.

Eggfinder1.jpg Eggfinder2.jpg Eggfinder3.jpg

I want everyone to know that Connor did a fantastic job assembling my Eggfinders and LCD unit. You can see in the pictures below the quality of his work, and both powered up and performed perfectly. He also communicated well, and shipped everything in a USPS damage resistant way (this cannot be overstated, my postman takes stamps like "fragile" and "do not bend" as a challenge). Also, I chose to run mine on a LiPo, but he even soldered a JST connector on the AAA battery box in case I wanted to go that route. It will make a good backup to keep in the range box.

When I get more Egg-Products they will be going straight to Connor for assembly.

To be clear on his services, he assembled the electronics, and I assembled the case.

View attachment 247556 View attachment 247557 View attachment 247558

The case looks great. Thanks :)

View attachment 247556 View attachment 247557 View attachment 247558

Nice work to both of you, I am in the process of this myself. Did you opt for the LCD back-light switch?

First Eggtimer TRS together and working perfectly!! The take me almost 1.5 hrs to do. A lot longer then I was thinking it would. Theres a lot of parts that need to be soldered on. I'll get some pictures up later :)

First Eggtimer TRS together and working perfectly!! The take me almost 1.5 hrs to do. A lot longer then I was thinking it would. Theres a lot of parts that need to be soldered on. I'll get some pictures up later :)

I am glad you are practicing on someone elses !

Kenny

1.5 hours? Wow, your eyes must be a lot better than mine... :)

Likewise, took me about 6 hours off and on plus I was using the toothpick method to hold the tiny SMT stuff to the board for soldering. Must take time to apply the pressure just right so the component doesn't go flying off. I assemble in a clear pyrex lasagna baking pan in case something flies off a short distance. Have a chance at recovery of an errant component.

Plus I was fastidiously using the printed off instructions as a checklist and constantly referring to my laptop screen. I download the build pictures so I can simply scroll through them quickly at higher magnification. Next one should be easier.:grin: Kurt

You guys are doing it wrong. It takes me only about 15 seconds to assemble an unlimited amount of Egg-products.

My method:

1) log into Paypal
2) send money to Connor
Done!

;)

:wink:
You guys are doing it wrong. It takes me only about 15 seconds to assemble an unlimited amount of Egg-products.

My method:

1) log into Paypal
2) send money to Connor
Done!

;)

That's a good way to do it too!:wink: I have a feeling that Connor is going to be very busy soon. Hope he can keep up with everything.:eek: Kurt

:wink:

That's a good way to do it too!:wink: I have a feeling that Connor is going to be very busy soon. Hope he can keep up with everything.:eek: Kurt

I'm keeping up ;) Just had an Eggtimer TRS bananza! put together 3 TRS kits and 3 LCD RX kits in under 3 hrs. These TRS kits are getting to be quite easy :) I will get pictures up here and sent out to the owners shortly.

Last edited:
Thanks yours is up and running will send you pictures later :)

If smart, electronics guys need 6 hours to assemble, it would take me 6 days! $10-$15 is an incredible bargin for this service, in my mind. Kudos, Connor.

I will now only be assembling Kits from eggtimer rocketry or Electronics that I have assembled myself already. I recently took a rather large hit after messing up someones custom order. If you have something simple then message me; If you have any questions about things I can do feel free to PM me. Sorry to have to do this but being 16 without a steady income I can't afford any losses.

-Connor

Back