Eggtimer Rocketry Products Assembly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conman13

Reaction score
Have you ever wanted an Eggfinder tracker, Eggtimer altimeter or Eggtimer TRS Total Recovery System from www.Eggtimerrocketry.com but your soldering skills aren't up to par? If so this is an oppturnity for you to get one of these AMAZING kits! I will assemble your kit for you, test it out provide pictures and then send the kit ready to fly back to you.

How it will work:

Step 1: You purchase the kit from Eggtimer Rocketry and have it sent to me.(or ship it to me if you have it already)

Step 2: I receive it and assemble it. I will send you pictures of the final product.

Step 3: I will test the Device to make sure it is working properly.

Step 4: I send it back to you, you receive it and fly it!!

SEE WWW.MCTRONICS.WEBS.COM FOR MOST UP TO DATE PRICES AND TO PLACE ORDERS. THANKS!

Assembed boards:

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1410558144.937856.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry%20Forum1411322732.378044.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry%20Forum1411322760.935046.jpg
SUNP0025.JPG
SUNP0026.JPG
SUNP0027.JPGSUNP0027.JPG

If there are any other electronic kits you would like to have assembled shoot me an email at [email protected]

For anybody wondering I do have permission from Chris Erving at Eggtimer Rocketry to do this:)

Last edited:
If you buy ahead one kit you can ship out as soon as the new kit arrives for assembly ..quick turn.

If you buy ahead two kits, you have one ready to go and you have complete spare parts if something is DOA, damaged In shipping or you fry a trace or component..

Heck you could have grabbed a 6 pack in the sale and sold them 'used' / assembled in the yard sale for list .

Pics look good !

Kenny

Last edited:
Good tip but I can do that and was the thing Chris warned me about.
You CAN assemble Eggfinder kits for other people for a fee, which is what I think you are doing. THEY have to buy the kit; it's OK if they're sent directly to you (I had someone do that during the last sale).

You CANNOT purchase kits from me, assemble them, and sell the assembled kits yourself. Eggfinders are not certified by the FCC, they do not have to be because they are kits. (The other exemption from certification is for Part 95 "Ham" radio transmitters, which is why almost all of the transmitters on the market require Ham licenses... it saves the manufacturers about $10,000 per device for certification). If you assemble the kit and sell them as a finished product, the FCC requires YOU to certify them, since you now become a "producer" of those devices.

There has actually been one case in which somebody that was doing just that got fined. The FCC pretty much just gave him a light slap on the wrist because they recognized that he was just trying to help people who weren't capable of putting the kits together themselves, and he wanted to make it easier on them by offering a one-stop service. The FCC really didn't want to do anything at all, but they were obligated to since a manufacturer of a competing (and presumably more expensive) device ratted him out. The blogs that I saw about the incident were about 99.99% in favor of the kit assembler and totally negative towards the other guy and his products... I doubt that shutting him down did any good at all for their business and it was certainly bad for their reputation.

Also the kits are set for a specific frequency so the one on hand may not (will not) match the one someone is sending.

Connor, you may want to change your logon name... Conman has a different reference when you're trying to sell something... Just sayin...

Connor, you may want to change your logon name... Conman has a different reference when you're trying to sell something... Just sayin...

Point taken. I don't know if I can change it without creating a new account. Conman was a childhood nickname that i use for most of my online accounts.

Connor is assembling two TXs and an LCD RX for me. I'll post his handy work here when I receive them. Hopefully that will help Connor drum up some business.

The ConMan has a TX and a LCD-RX done and back in the mail to me..wont be long now !

Thanks again Connor, it is appreciated.

Kenny

Nice service Connor. Allows you to earn some rocketry $$$$.:clap: Plus you can aid those that find it difficult or scary to assemble.
I showed an EF to a couple of folks at MWP12 and they were concerned about the soldering. Of course with the right equipment (which
doesn't have to be pricey) it's easily doable. Kurt

Connor is assembling two TXs and an LCD RX for me. I'll post his handy work here when I receive them. Hopefully that will help Connor drum up some business.

Speaking of which got them last night and was able to finish the RX and one TX. I will finish the other TX when I get home from school today and post some pictures :)

Speaking of which got them last night and was able to finish the RX and one TX. I will finish the other TX when I get home from school today and post some pictures :)

Dang that's fast. At that rate you are going to beat my LiPo's.

Dang that's fast. At that rate you are going to beat my LiPo's.

I will get them out Monday. I didn't know if you wanted to use the RX battery box or a Lipo so I soldered a JST connector to the RX and will solder a JST connector to the battery box so you can use a Lipo or the battery box.

I will get them out Monday. I didn't know if you wanted to use the RX battery box or a Lipo so I soldered a JST connector to the RX and will solder a JST connector to the battery box so you can use a Lipo or the battery box.

Perfect. I will probably LiPo, but having the option will be nice.

Last edited:
When I get another one I think Im sending it to you Conner. :wink:

Got mine today. Might be a while until I try it out, but it arrived safely at least.

Mine arrived Saturday while I was out at flying ..VERY quick turn around.

Thanks!

Kenny

I am looking for someone who will be purchasing the Eggfinder TRS. I would like to assemble one going along with the directions before I begin to assemble them for a price. Therefore I'm offering a free assembly to someone that will be willing to ship me an Eggfinder TRS to build.

-Connor

I am looking for someone who will be purchasing the Eggfinder TRS. I would like to assemble one going along with the directions before I begin to assemble them for a price. Therefore I'm offering a free assembly to someone that will be willing to ship me an Eggfinder TRS to build.

-Connor

If not already taken I'll send you one to build!

What happened around the battery connection area?

I always add a drop of super glue to the battery connectors because I find after a while they will break off. Thats just the white stuff that appears when the super glue dries. It gets wiped off.

I always add a drop of super glue to the battery connectors because I find after a while they will break off. Thats just the white stuff that appears when the super glue dries. It gets wiped off.

Yup, I sort of wished that there was a hair bit more room for screw-in terminal connectors. I had ones with the right spacing but just didn't fit. It's nice to
be able to change out the battery connector wires without having to desolder. I'll have to try the CA trick. Thanks Connor. Kurt

Yup, I sort of wished that there was a hair bit more room for screw-in terminal connectors. I had ones with the right spacing but just didn't fit. It's nice to
be able to change out the battery connector wires without having to desolder. I'll have to try the CA trick. Thanks Connor. Kurt

Screw terminals would be great! Glad I could help :)

UPDATE:

Shipping for orders with LCD RX added. Sorry to do this but Ive been losing money on shipping due to the larger and heavier packaging needed for the LCD RX case.

-Connor McGrath

Back