Eggtimer Rocketry Products Assembly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to UT, I'm only taking 12 hours but doing research on the side so I hardly have any free time anyways. What school are you going to, and what are you studying?

I'm going to UT, I'm only taking 12 hours but doing research on the side so I hardly have any free time anyways. What school are you going to, and what are you studying?

Clarkson University for Mechanical Engineering!

Has anyone used Connor's McTronics service in the last 2 months? I sent him a kit about a month ago. Has not responded to my last two emails. He is normally responsive. Just wondering if anyone else has any recent experience.

Unless he's taking classes in the summer, he shouldn't be really busy. But Mechanical Engineering is hard in itself.

Perhaps he has other issues he's dealing with.

Unless he's taking classes in the summer, he shouldn't be really busy. But Mechanical Engineering is hard in itself.

Perhaps he has other issues he's dealing with.

One of those issues has something to do with those of the human species who have 2 X chromosomes. ;)

I don't have that problem personally... I'm too weird for girls to want me around anyways so I got time for making more "scary" stuff like guns and rockets...

One of those issues has something to do with those of the human species who have 2 X chromosomes. ;)

Not necessarily true. If he is trying to do well academically and plans to go on to an advanced degree or training could likely be with the nose to the grindstone. Me and my compatriot science jocks spent most of our time studying very hard in order to get the grades to get into Medical,Dental, Podiatry schools or get into Phd programs in other fields. The small school I went to just turned co-ed 5 years before I attended and the few women we had actually were quite adept in the sciences.
In fact when I saw a newspaper article years later stating women were soft in the sciences I muttered some vulgar epithets. One of the math professors at my alma mater was a woman who was at the University of Chicago during the
Stagg Field days and went on to the Manhattan project. In an alumni magazine obituary it said in the past she had signed over the royalties from some secret patent(s) she had on the timing device on the a-bomb to the benefit of the college.
Many women in my class got Phd's/MD's/DDS degrees and did better than me in some of the scientific subjects (not all!) My impression was that "girls" were just as good as "guys" in the sciences. I read on in the article (it was the early 80's) and conceded
that since my college was strong in science that perhaps the women who had an interest and knack for it were attracted there so my exposure then was skewed.
Heck, we had a girl we nicknamed Judy "SiX" major and usually said that "real" fast so it sounded like a muffled (sex). She thought it was hilarious too because she actually achieved majors in six subjects in 4 years doing a lot of summer school.
Small schools can be intense and family "like". Perhaps Connor is nose to grindstone and perhaps is working during the summers (as I did) to make some money. Kurt

I'm going to a really good Geosciences school. I work really hard and still make average grades. It's really hard sometimes, and memorization isn't really my strong suit but there's sometimes a lot of that. I know medical school has a LOT more memorization. I find I'm actually better at math intensive things than memorization...

I'm going to a really good Geosciences school. I work really hard and still make average grades. It's really hard sometimes, and memorization isn't really my strong suit but there's sometimes a lot of that. I know medical school has a LOT more memorization. I find I'm actually better at math intensive things than memorization...

There is a lot to be said for knowing ones strengths and weaknesses. Once you know that things are easier. Just like figuring out the best way for you to study- once you know that things are easier.

I said I am better at math related stuff... doesn't mean I sail through classes making straight A's and having an easy time. I still gotta work and I still don't make stellar grades. Maybe about 5 points higher than memorization based classes though...

I do not know what MIT's curriculum is like, but UT Austin is probably not far behind.

I took classes at Carnegie Mellon and know many folks who took classes at UT. No comparison. I would have to assume MIT is toughter than Carnegie Melllon (https://www.cmu.edu) based uppon reputation. I smoke anyone at work from UT-Austin. It would shock me that it is on the level of MIT ir Carnegie Mellon.

I read that private universities, even Ivy League isn't technically "harder" as they accept people who are already really good at test taking. Also those places will do everything they can to make sure you know enough to make good grades there. At least I hear Harvard does that. I also hear MIT has very difficult classes though they don't penalize your GPA nearly as much (I heard MIT basically does not record your freshmen GPA at all). Public universities like UT isn't incentivized to help or make everyone pass...

Big problem with UT isn't so much hard classes, but rather professors who can't teach worth a damn.

Connor just sent me 2 more perfectly built kits.

I think he is busy with school and was a little slower than normal but this guy has earned a long rope with me for multiple reasons. I think his rush order option might be worth it at this time, when he was in high school he was so fast normally so I never even thought to add it.

He is an impressive young man for sure.

I just got a shipping notice on two units that he got about a month ago. That was a day after I emailed for an uodate, so maybe he's been doing some catch up work.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Hey everyone its been awhile and as I can see from above there have been some questions. This semester has been rough I'm taking 6 classes that are a total of 21 credits and 2 of those classes have labs on top of having to work an actual job, so needless to say I have been very busy. My schedule for next semester will be much easier for me time wise and I will be able to get closer to how I was able to do kits in high school. I am going home for break on the 15th for a month so if you need anything done fast that will be the time to have me do it. I'm very sorry for the time its taken to get things out recently and for the lack communication. I'm working on improving with of these and look forward to hearing from you. Happy holidays.

Hi Connor, I sent you a message through your website - looking forward to hearing back from you when you have the time. Just wanted to check and see if you're still providing the service and seems like you are.

I've been asked a lot recently if I'm still assembling kits and the answer is YES! I'll be home from College on May 10th until the end of August so if you need kits assembled fast make sure to send me an email though my site (link in my bio). Happy flying everyone

-Connor McGrath

I've gotten a ton of orders to work through from the Black Friday sale so thank you to everyone for the continued support!I finally got my hands on a Proton so heres
a couple pictures of it and some other kits I've been working through. If you need anything done feel free to shoot me an email through my website, the link is in my Bio. Thanks!
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG
IMG_3628.JPG
IMG_8280.JPG
IMG_9014.JPG

1/3/19

I have sent out a majority of the kits I received from Cris' Holiday sale, I don't think I've ever soldered so much in such a short period of time! Thank you to everyone for the continued support! With that being said I'll be returning to School on 1/7 so if anyone needs stuff assembled fast, now is the time to shoot me an email as things will start to get busy again once classes first begin. Happy New Years everyone!

-Connor McGrath
www.McTronics.webs.com

Hey everyone,

I’ve gotten a couple emails asking if I’m still assembling kits in preparation of Cris’s upcoming Holiday sale. I am indeed still assembling kits for people so if you’re looking to order some new stuff and need assistance with assembly shoot me a message through my site and we can talk specifics. I will say that during this sale I receive a large amount of orders in a very short period of time so lead time is a couple of weeks, I queue them in line for assembly based of when I receive them.

Thanks!

-Connor

Www. McTronics.webs.com

Hey everyone It's been awhile, I've finally graduated with my Mechanical Engineering degree from Clarkson University. I still frequently get emails asking if I'm assembling kits for people and the answer is YES! Recently I've been getting quite a few of the new mini wifi switches (see below), great for rockets where you're limited on real estate in your electronics bay and want an easy way to switch everything on. Now that I'm out of school my turn around times are right back to where they used to be and I'm usually able to get orders posted within a day or two after receiving them depending on the order size! If you need anything please feel free to reach me through my website contact form by clicking here.

Thanks for the continued support

-Connor McGrath
www.McTronics.webs.com

IMG_0225.jpg

(With the picture enlarged I'm now noticing the small clipping from the wifi module leads 🧐 rest assured all kits are thoroughly looked over and checked prior to sending them back out to you)

Back