Eggtimer Rocketry Products Assembly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using the case that they come with. If you purchase a different case I can do whichever case you want.

Egg timer remote switch assembly added to the first post. Assembly will be $6 + shipping.

Anthony Kirk please PM me... I need to match you with your TRF handle :)

Never mind got it :)

Last edited:
You guys are just too damned efficient. Or I've done too much business with other people here... Nope. Can't be that.

You guys are just too damned efficient. Or I've done too much business with other people here... Nope. Can't be that.

HAHA ya sorry about that. It's actually really hard sometimes especially when people come up to you at a launch and start thanking you for the job and what not. I always remember the TRF handle and sometimes never get an actual name (except on the return address) to match the person with the handle :)

Not a problem. Any time I deal with people from the forum with Paypal, I try to remember to put my handle on as much correspondence as I can.

After following this thread for awhile I decided to have an Eggfinder LCD starter kit shipped to Conner. It's a pleasure to support young smart guys.
This will be used on a scratch built 3' CF Dual Deploy.

OK so I have made sure to let everybody who recently within the last day or so has placed an order with me k ow that I will be away this whole week in Buffalo for college visits. I will begin to get through these orders when I get back next Sunday. Thanks for your understanding :)

Just got my TRS back from Connor. I like the way he oriented the box. The only thing I would've changed would be adding another switch for the backlight.

Just got my TRS back from Connor. I like the way he oriented the box. The only thing I would've changed would be adding another switch for the backlight.

Look in the instructions. It's easy to add a switch for the backlight. I oriented mine the same way. What is the green LED on the front?
Is it a pilot light for when the unit is on? Kurt

I know it's easy to add one. That is what I am going to do. I meant it for addition to the full TRS assembly. The green led could be wired to light when it's on, but isn't wired as such.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I will be closing shop for a period of time theses upcoming months starting today. I've tried to stay open as long as possible but have realized its just not possible right now due to SAT's, ACT's, AP exams and final exams. I had tried to find time but it just wasn't fair to you guys as its been taking me a very long time to get things out to people. I will still be able to do some kits however it will be at an increased rate and will take longer then it usually does. Anyone that has already contacted me is fine and does not need to worry about this or the price change.

- Connor McGrath

Last edited:
Good luck Connor on your travails!! Hope you ACE everything and get to go where you want to go! Kurt

+1 Connor,,,
You know what this means ??
You have your priorities in their correct order..
Good for you Connor...
Stay focused on what matters...

Teddy

Just tested my Eggfinder TRS at the AP Checkride in Mansfield WA. Had nothing else to do once my AP was burnt. Linked the TX and RX and set off walking the LCD RX away from the TX which was sitting on my truck. About a mile away I went behind a bit of hill and finally lost contact. I did not use the antenae wires included in the kits, but bought two different styles off of Amazon, and a short cable to mount the TX antennae outside of the av-bay. They seem to work, and I think the little stubby one will not be too likely to be broken off by a whipping shock cord. It is only 2 inches long.

I was not able to make the TRS successfully by myself, but I exchanged a couple of emails with Chris and he knew exactly where I needed to look, and which joints to inspect. Older eyes need really powerful lights and magnification! I touched up the solder joints as instructed by Chris, and was able to test every aspect of the system except to actually launch. Hopefully I can do that at FITS if work doesn't get in the way.

I'm back open!!!! Tests are over for now. Need anything done shoot me an email or PM.

How'd you do on the tests Connor ???

Teddy

Ummmmm, Respectfully Ted, none of our business. We're not his parents. I'd take that as a little too personal to ask. If volunteered without prompting that's ok but should be of no concern on a public forum. I know that sounds sharp but I don't think it proper to dig into someone's personal background. Kurt

That's alright guys. Teddy I don't get my SAT score until the end of the month and my AP college test scores until July! I feel like I did well on them. I'm taking another SAT and ACT in June.

Ummmmm, Respectfully Ted, none of our business. We're not his parents. I'd take that as a little too personal to ask. If volunteered without prompting that's ok but should be of no concern on a public forum. I know that sounds sharp but I don't think it proper to dig into someone's personal background. Kurt

Connor and I have a personal relationship..
I didn't think there was anything wrong with that at all..
Connor didn't seem to mind that at all..
And yes,, I completely agree,, that was quite sharp...

Teddy

And I'm very glad all went well for you Connor...
Keep up the hard work...
There will surly be rewards for it down the road...

Teddy

Connor and I have a personal relationship..
I didn't think there was anything wrong with that at all..
Connor didn't seem to mind that at all..
And yes,, I completely agree,, that was quite sharp...

Teddy

And I'm very glad all went well for you Connor...
Keep up the hard work...
There will surly be rewards for it down the road...

Teddy

Only thing I'd add Teddy is if there is a "personal relationship" do the request via private email so's not to put the person on the spot. Anyhow I'm glad you feel you did well Connor and best wishes for tweaking the scores the second time around on the SAT. Kurt

Need stuff done? Going to LDRS? Place your order by June 15th and get your stuff at LDRS!!

Back