"Go To" supplier for LPR parts?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketMike

Reaction score
So now that Semroc is pretty much gone, who is the go to supplier for LPR parts like body tubes, nose cones, etc.? Sadly, I only had the pleasure of doing business with Semroc once before they started the process of closing their doors. I'm still wanting to scratch build though so who has the widest selection of parts now with good pricing?

Don't think there is a "best" -- I've found that every time I need stuff I have to shop around but have never been dissatisfied. Hobbylinc, Apogee, Rocketarium, UMRS, AC Supply ... A few others I can't think of ...

Brian at BRS HOBBIES has great pricing and very honest shipping. My choice of picks. But he often runs out of supplies. And usually quickly. That's why I let him know I'm waiting on his restocking because, he will always give you a heads up when he does.

Balsa Machining is King, in a post-Semroc world, for LPR parts of the sort Semroc had. Anyone else is probably going to have the same Estes, BMS, and maybe Quest parts everyone also carries. I'd give Aerospace Speciality Products, Sirius Rocketry, Apogee, and any other vendor mentioned in this thread a look.
-Wolf

Also, Semroc's doors are still open. They still are selling and shipping stuff. I've asked them in an email if it's better for us to buy or not (ie is it costing more to sell than keep and try to sell the business). They've said that they would prefer folks to buy stuff. So, if they've got stuff you want...make a purchase.

FC

If you go to the "Watering Hole Forum" in the first few threads are great links to all parts and kits vendors there.
I would suggest get familure with most of them as you will find things you want at different places, and often different prices, taking in account shipping Charges.
I've used Uncle Mikes, Sunward (Angello is great to deal with), Red Arrow and a few others mentioned here are all good vendors.
Semroc will be missed dearly as they were the "One Stop Shop" for just about any BT size, reducers, nose cones, etc.
Food for thought, buy and use devlar wrapped around the engine mount with a swivel to attach bungie type shock cords. It will last much longer than the rubber piece of Estes, or the sewing elastic.

Back