Connecting chutes to shockcords

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjp

Reaction score
What do you use to connect your parachute to your shockcord in your midpower and high power rockets.I want something stronger than used in lowpower rockets.

I use a d-link to attach the chute to the cord. Size depend on chute, cord and rocket size. I always have a supply of 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4" d-links in the range box.

It's a Madcow Batray rocket,8oz. weight finished.Also I have a Lil' Goblin to build next and weight of that one is 11oz.What should I use for those?I want to keep the weight down as much as possible.Do you have a picture that shows what it looks like.I'll order some from you.Thanks,cjp.

Quick links are your best friends. Go to your local hardware store and buy a bunch. 1/8" links work for rockets down to 1" and can handle most MPR loads. 3/16" links will work great for all MPR stuff - they're prolly the best for you - and 1/4" links are good for small HPR.

You can get them for a dollar or two each at most hardware stores.

I'm heading to lowes and see what they have.I never knew what those were called but have seen them used on Highpowered rockets.The biggest problem is finding swivels that can handle the Mid and highpower rockets.

The biggest problem is finding swivels that can handle the Mid and highpower rockets.

https://shop.rocketsbymelissa.com/product.sc?productId=277&categoryId=22 Those are the smallest swivels we stock and we have them rated up to 1,500lbs. If you need something really heavy duty I have a few 7,000lb rated swivels left over from some super sized custom parachutes I made.
If you have time during the week stop by the LOC/Precision office and I would be happy to answer any questions you have in person and show you around the shop.

https://shop.rocketsbymelissa.com/product.sc?productId=277&categoryId=22 Those are the smallest swivels we stock and we have them rated up to 1,500lbs. If you need something really heavy duty I have a few 7,000lb rated swivels left over from some super sized custom parachutes I made.
If you have time during the week stop by the LOC/Precision office and I would be happy to answer any questions you have in person and show you around the shop.

I'll take you up on that.I get off work at 2PM.Send me a PM with hours and directions from Akron.Hope to meet you this week when you have some time to show me around your shop.Thanks,cjp.

With 9/16" TN I use quicklinks. With 1/8" TK, I put a loop of TK through the loop at the bottom of the chute, over the chute and pull tight. Works great and is easy to take apart.

With 9/16" TN I use quicklinks. With 1/8" TK, I put a loop of TK through the loop at the bottom of the chute, over the chute and pull tight. Works great and is easy to take apart.

Thanks Handeman,will add that to my notes.:)

Back