Ash Grove launch Nov 15th and 16th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Bob,
Could y'all bring along a couple packs of Estes C-11-3 and D12-5? I may be a little low on these.

Evil Ed

Also, If anybody is doing any LPR builds this winter, and y'all are short on body tubes, I'll have tubes for sale. One each of BT 60, 55, 50, 20, and 5 for a buck and a half, limit ten per customer. Just shoot me a PM and I'll bring 'em with me. Hartle Engineering ain't dead, just in a coma until next spring. Sometimes ya gotta step back and take a breather, or ya start resenting the things ya really like!
"Sometimes you have to grab the bull by the tail, and face the situation".
Groucho Marx

Evil Ed:dark:

Also, If anybody is doing any LPR builds this winter, and y'all are short on body tubes, I'll have tubes for sale. One each of BT 60, 55, 50, 20, and 5 for a buck and a half, limit ten per customer. Just shoot me a PM and I'll bring 'em with me. Hartle Engineering ain't dead, just in a coma until next spring. Sometimes ya gotta step back and take a breather, or ya start resenting the things ya really like!
"Sometimes you have to grab the bull by the tail, and face the situation".
Groucho Marx

Evil Ed:dark:

Thanks for the heads up I can leave my LPR tube box in the shop so I can bring more other goodies.
Mr. Bob
You know the rest

Bob, can you bring some of the 110/220 altimeter switches?

Evil Ed, I will send you a PM for some tubes.

I will be there after noon tomarrow but sadly will not fly anything ,life got in the way . But will have the evil minion to show Bob

Sorry for the late notice, but....

I've got a few items I really need to get rid of. I don't want to bother with shipping right now so if any of you IR guys are interested hit me up at the field tomorrow(Sunday).

36in Loc parachute(black). Never used. $10 or best offer.

24in Estes nylon parachute(red). $2

Estes Snapshot. No parachute. Never flown. Make an offer.

Estes Mach 12. No parachute. Flown once. Make an offer.

Estes Alpha 3. Flown once and has a parachute. Make an offer.

I've got a couple odd diameter tubes. Maybe $1 for both???

I'm more interested in just getting rid of these and seeing them get flown rather than sit in a basement for years on end. Need room/money for my L3 so come check it out. I drive a white, Subaru Outback with lots of national park stickers. I'm planning on arriving mid morning and staying until whenever. See you all there!

Great but cold day today! Kiddo's Jr Nar L1 flight was very successful. We started the day with an E9-6 CATO. Nozzle blew out. And yes, I have already submitted a MESS form and contacted Estes. Code on E9 was A 09 04 12. The main didn't come out on one of my DD launches. When I opened up the upper body tube, the charge had gone off and Altimeter data download shows it was triggered at the correct altitude. The shear pins (2/56 nylon screws) just did not shear. Repairs are underway on that rocket, it will fly again.

DSC_8753.jpgDSC_8754.jpgDSC_8759.jpg

Thanks to everyone at Indiana Rocketry, I had a great time on my two flights today and will return next month for a Level 1 Cert flight!

And Gus was right, all it took was one G80 Skidmark and now I'm hooked... :)

Lot of fun for the second to last launch . A lot of people there ,that was great . But there will be another field to fly . And thank you Bob for being there . Will need to order some stuff for December launch

Another launch weekend in the books. Weather today wasn't bad today as long as you didn't try for serious altitude. Cloud cover was 3,000-4,000 ft. Wind was not an issue.
Thanks for bringing my Purple gas passer Mr. Gus. The best part of the weekend for me was signing 4 cert papers (2 were Jr. cert's:)). Hope the weather next month is good as I'd like to see the year go out in style.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

And Gus was right, all it took was one G80 Skidmark and now I'm hooked... :)

"The Gus" knows these things all too well....;) Glad you had a great time!

Another launch weekend in the books. Weather today wasn't bad today as long as you didn't try for serious altitude. Cloud cover was 3,000-4,000 ft. Wind was not an issue.
Thanks for bringing my Purple gas passer Mr. Gus. The best part of the weekend for me was signing 4 cert papers (2 were Jr. cert's:)). Hope the weather next month is good as I'd like to see the year go out in style.
Mr. Bob

My pleasure Bob! :D Thank-you for supporting our club and, for all the great banter i can handle about vintage Dirt Biking! I'd give my right arm to say i ALSO took a lap on an XR750...:eek:

Thanks to my friend Pat (Rocketry Nut) and, lovely wife for coming up from Cincinnati (and, finally meeting him in person)...Sorry we couldn't do better on the weather today. Claude and, i cancelled the N drag race because we knew the cloud cover was going to be low today...:cry: We will attempt it at the next QCRS launch and, then i will scoot back here to terrorize our last Sunday at "The Grove" next month...

See....i got a new toy.

View attachment 246797

L:grin::grin:ky...L:grin::grin:ky! The FIRST County Line Hobbies "Hellfire" Dual Deploy Rocket in existence!:w:
Guess who gets to build and, Beta test it next month...;)

65" Tall, 54mm G-12 Body Tubing, 38mm Motor mount......3 G-10 Fins....Wooooooo!:eek:
Getting ready to run the Sim's real shortly...

Since no one has let me test anything like this before...all i can say is watch out. :D Right now its getting a loving soak in the *hot tub* then after that i start crafting a work of art. :D

It will go up on a *small* CTI 38mm Sparky next month for it's check out pass...Then...THEN, i'm going too beat it with the Ugly Stick....:mad:I'm going to contort it, smack it, spank it and, make come back FOR MORE! :mad:I'm going to shove as many Newtons as i can right up it's @$$ and, make it plead for mercy!:mad:

Then, i'll wipe it off and, hand it back to Bob so he can display it at his table...

Thank-you for the chance too do this Bob...:D

Congratulations to ALL of our new certified members and, guests and, keep the faith...we may be crying inside right now but, we will come back after our last Grove launch and, find a new home....a very happy place to call home....just like Ash Grove was today....:cry:

I may be hurting but, the world will hear my final shot out there next month...

Can you say M2200 Skidmark? :point::headbang:

As Gus mentioned we made it out to "The Grove" yesterday. Yes, it was cold. Yes, it was snowing most of the time and yes, the clouds were low, but we still had a great time. As long as there is awesome company flying rockets is just an added bonus. It was good to finally meet you, Gus and spend lots of time talking and hearing those good stories of yours lol Also, thanks for the help at the pad! I met some other great guys like Richard and Bob :) Bob, thanks for the help and for vending. I will definitely hit you up for motors at future launches.

Now for the pics. It was too cold to take my camera out much. I would say there were 20ish total flights from low power to K. Light to almost no wind meant we didn't have to walk far. I personally got 2 up and even if they were small flights, they were sparkies which made up for the small factor.

An EX K motor. Nice boost followed by a perfect lawn dart.

A crayon on an I.

My paper plate flying saucer on a G75.

A cool rocket on an I357

My Fire B on a Loki H100 to 918'. I missed the shot because I jumped the gun on a chuff, but thankfully my wife was ready with her camera.

I setup my GoPro for a padcam. My first time doing so and it turned out quite well. Here are the frame grabs...

And finally the video. The angle was perfect for capturing the whole flight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlNrGTNYjpk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks IR for the fun day of flying. If weather and work schedules permit we will be out to bid Ash Grove a fairwell. It would be hard to miss an M2200.

Last edited:
Awesome screen grabs Pat! ;) Thanks again! Remember, i will be at QCRS on Saturday and, "The Grove" on Sunday to finish out the year....can't believe they let me take Friday off at work...:rolleyes:

We will do it in style! :wave:

Thanks again to Bob and Rockdoc for being kiddo's cert team. She had a blast and was excited the rest of the weekend. We took a detour on the way to school this morning to drop her paperwork off in the mailbox at the post office.

fineldaonstand.jpgfineldathrust.jpgfineldaonchute.jpgfineldahappyonwayback.jpg

Last edited:
Back