Ash Grove launch Nov 15th and 16th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob jablonski

Reaction score
Now that M.W.P. is over, time to bring out the toys to Ash Grove Nov 15th and 16th. Crops should not be a problem this month. Hope the weather isn't either. Will there be Cert flights? Possible. Will there be cluster flights? I have one ready to go. Will there be Thunderstruck Drag Race trash talk? You betchum. Will I have a L1000DMS in the Rocket Wagon? Yupers.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Now that M.W.P. is over, time to bring out the toys to Ash Grove Nov 15th and 16th. Crops should not be a problem this month. Hope the weather isn't either. Will there be Cert flights? Possible. Will there be cluster flights? I have one ready to go. Will there be Thunderstruck Drag Race trash talk? You betchum. Will I have a L1000DMS in the Rocket Wagon? Yupers.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]

And, i have ( for you) two big baggies of "Stuffage" including a long "Purple Woodie" style casing....courtesy of Mr. Dixon!:D
Claude and, i are planning an N (as in Nasty) 5600 Drag Race for Sunday too....:surprised: Going to be fun!

I'll be there both days for this one. Mr. Bob, Bring my goodies with ya, I'm out of checks right now- Do you take cash?
I gave a couple rocket kits to a co-worker for her kids to build and launch. They will be there at least one day. I'm supplying their motors for the day, and if they want to invite a couple friends, they can fly my LPR stuff all they want.
(Here fishy, fishy, fishy,....... SET THE HOOK!:grin:)

Evil Ed

You know no one uses cash anymore...
I have given a mess of kits away and let kids fly my smaller rockets. Your like a dealer, first one is free....
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies

That might be worth a trip down on Sunday the 16th... :eyepop:
Justin

YES! Justin *may* be coming! :wave: That's right you whip that "Sack of Taters" out and, say: WOMAN! I have too see this, i must go to Indiana this weekend to see my family members fight it out...in a cornfield.

I promise you...Claude and, i will impress....:eek:

You know... My wife said if this is something I really want to see I can go. I'm looking into the details, but we might just head out on Sunday. Gus, when are you planning on flying it? Morning or afternoon? Hopefully we can go and I can finally meet you.

You know... My wife said if this is something I really want to see I can go. I'm looking into the details, but we might just head out on Sunday. Gus, when are you planning on flying it? Morning or afternoon? Hopefully we can go and I can finally meet you.

RN! :D I will be there all day long myself and, knowing Claude....I would say we should have them up in the air probably by Noonish! :D Ran into Gary D. out at MWP12 and, reiterated that i was planning to attend the Sunday edition of one of the OAMC launches in the next month or two.
Unfortunately this weekend sees me doing some last minute insulating and, concrete work at the house...Winters coming....*sigh* Only get Sundays off....*sigh*

Hopefully we can hook up! PLUS: Comparing Joe G. to a Wookie earlier this year may be detrimental to my health...

"Have you ever seen a Wookie rip someones little rocketry arms off?"....."Leave the Wookie alone!" :point: Good group over there! ;)

I will be there Saturday with a couple of rockets, a few G motors, and my camera.

If everything goes according to plan I will go for my Level 1 in December!

RN! :D I will be there all day long myself and, knowing Claude....I would say we should have them up in the air probably by Noonish! :D Ran into Gary D. out at MWP12 and, reiterated that i was planning to attend the Sunday edition of one of the OAMC launches in the next month or two.
Unfortunately this weekend sees me doing some last minute insulating and, concrete work at the house...Winters coming....*sigh* Only get Sundays off....*sigh*

Hopefully we can hook up! PLUS: Comparing Joe G. to a Wookie earlier this year may be detrimental to my health...

"Have you ever seen a Wookie rip someones little rocketry arms off?"....."Leave the Wookie alone!" :point: Good group over there! ;)

Hahaha

You aren't missing much this weekend. The OAMC launch was cancelled due to crops still standing tall in our field. Maybe next month...

My wife and I will be there unless the weather is sour. We hope to be there mid morning and stay until whenever. If you need any help don't be afraid to ask. I'm probably not flying anything or much of anything so I'll have plenty of time to offer assistance if needed.

If I do fly something let's just say I have a small Loki sparkly motor that is unwanted in the fields of Ohio. I could fly that along with some sort of Aerotech 360 load. Nothing major. Money is tight and I gotta save my $$ for a possible L3 attempt at Thunderstruck. Hopefully this will become a reality rather than an ongoing dream...

Ohhhhh....it starts so innocently a "G" motor here, a "G" motor there...Then one day its a little Aerotech H123 *whoosh* Wee! :clap: Then, maybe a J-350...*Whoosh* Weeee! :clap:

Then it happens, an AMW M-2200 Skidmark. 3...2...1.... *RUUUMMMMBLLLLEEE THUUUUNDER BAAAAHHHH!* :surprised:

Hhuh! :grin:

"Wildman, i would like *another one* of those...please..." :grin:

Hhuhhhhh! :grin:

*ring* *ring* MORE! BIGGER! MEANER! FASTER! AHHHHHHHH! :hot:

Pretty soon your waiting by the front door around 1pm-3pm everyday waiting for the Fed Ex guy....:drool: Snatching packages and, such out of his little arms before his feet hit the ground.

"WILDMAN! MORE!" :grin:

Then it gets worse....

You start calling off business hours "I don't care WHO you promised that for...MINE!" :rant:
You have liners and, boxes stacked like cord wood in your spare bedroom...
One quarter million Newtons at ALL times in storage! M's and, N's and, O's....OH MY! Hahahahahaaa....!!!!!!! :lol:
Sparkys, V-Maxes, C-Stars, Whites, Blues, Reds....MUHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHH! :lol:

Some days i feel like i need Dr. Drew too do an intervention on me.

I'll LOCK the door and, keep the lights on....NO MORE SLEEP till launch day....:caffeine: then i can *relax*.....

I need the glue up the mm for the super evil minion . And now Bob takes plastic we are good

Ohhhhh....it starts so innocently a "G" motor here, a "G" motor there...Then one day its a little Aerotech H123 *whoosh* Wee! :clap: Then, maybe a J-350...*Whoosh* Weeee! :clap:

Then it happens, an AMW M-2200 Skidmark. 3...2...1.... *RUUUMMMMBLLLLEEE THUUUUNDER BAAAAHHHH!* :surprised:

Hhuh! :grin:

"Wildman, i would like *another one* of those...please..." :grin:

Hhuhhhhh! :grin:

*ring* *ring* MORE! BIGGER! MEANER! FASTER! AHHHHHHHH! :hot:

Pretty soon your waiting by the front door around 1pm-3pm everyday waiting for the Fed Ex guy....:drool: Snatching packages and, such out of his little arms before his feet hit the ground.

"WILDMAN! MORE!" :grin:

Then it gets worse....

You start calling off business hours "I don't care WHO you promised that for...MINE!" :rant:
You have liners and, boxes stacked like cord wood in your spare bedroom...
One quarter million Newtons at ALL times in storage! M's and, N's and, O's....OH MY! Hahahahahaaa....!!!!!!! :lol:
Sparkys, V-Maxes, C-Stars, Whites, Blues, Reds....MUHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHH! :lol:

Some days i feel like i need Dr. Drew too do an intervention on me.

I'll LOCK the door and, keep the lights on....NO MORE SLEEP till launch day....:caffeine: then i can *relax*.....

I know the feeling. I talked to Berry at LOC and he is making me a limited run of the original 4" Tristars with 3-38mm motor mounts. Drag race at LDRS anyone?
My little side biz is growing like crazy. Gotta multiply my fingers and types just to count the CTI motors plus Aerotech and Estes cylinders of joy.
Another box from A/T showed up Friday and a box of Mad cow fiberglass kits are due to show up Tue.
Will it ever end? I hope not.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies

:D I will be there all day long myself and, knowing Claude....I would say we should have them up in the air probably by Noonish! :D

Yep, That would be good. Justin will be riding with me on Sunday morning and will keep me awake during the drive to Ash Grove. ;) Then a little prepping, a quick stop at the RSO table, loading the rockets on the pads, pictures, and then, like Gus says:

3...2...1.... *RUUUMMMMBLLLLEEE THUUUUNDER BAAAAHHHH!*

... and happiness :cool:

Yep, That would be good. Justin will be riding with me on Sunday morning and will keep me awake during the drive to Ash Grove. ;)

I can see it now...Just like a bad 70's era TV show promo...with a deep voice style...voiceover...:D

*BOMP* *BOMP*

"Two men on a mission..." :eek:

*BOMP* *BOMP*

"To leave Chicago and, drive to Indiana..." :eek:

*BOMP* *BOMP*

"One man called Pac-man, the other one packing a 45..." :eek:

*BOMP* *BOMP*

"They called it: On a MISSION from God!" :eek:

*BOMP* *BOMP*

Phfffftt......
DUDE! Did you just fart in my car?
Sorry man, eggs do that to me...in the morning! :yawn:

*BOMP* *BOMP*

Roll your window down now! Oh mother of mercy....Were never stopping at Denny's again!
DAMN! That's going too leave a mark! :D
Now i'm going to have too wipe the headliner down when i get back!
Egg's and, Chocolate Milk....yes sir!.........Ummmmm...Claude? :confused:
WHAT?
Rest Area...NEED to find a Rest Area...like REAL soon! The coffee is starting to KICK IN! :jaw:

*BOMP* *BOMP*

Thanks Claude, i don't think i could have made it another mile! :rolleyes:
Next time i'm leaving you at home and, bringing Haskin!
He's Lactose intolerant Claude....Hey? whats THAT up there? :cyclops:
MOO! BOOOOOOMFFFF!

*BOMP* *BOMP*

DUDE! Who hits a #$%@'n COW on an Interstate highway? :surprised:
Well......apparently "ME" mister "Rocket Scientist"! My wife is going too kill me and, then she's going to $#@% !
"Technically" wouldn't she $#@% and, then kill you? :eek:
SHUTUP!
Moooooooooo.......ooooooo
Claude? I think it's still alive..... :facepalm:
How are we going to get this thing off my hood? Damn! This thing must weigh half a ton!
Claude?:eek:
What?
I've got an idea.....Duct Tape! :eek:
*Screeeeeechhhhh* Two rolls of Duct Tape....that should do it! *Screeeeeechhhhh* I'm sure we can dump it on the roadside when we get there!:D
You'd better hope they do don't cancel this launch!

*Bomp* *Bomp*

Claude? :D
WHAT...
Are we there yet? :D
Shutup....just shutup...I DON'T see any windmills yet...Don't say another word till we see the windmills....

Catch ALL the ACTION Sunday night right here on WLS Chicago...ABC.....Channel 2 at 8pm Central Time!;) *Bomp* *Bomp*

Last edited:
Thanks for the laugh, Gus!

Anytime my friends....;)

Would you believe that over the last few years, i've only had *one* person approach me at a launch and, express disapproval for these little dissertations.
But, i don't really care for that individual much anyway...so scratch that...

I'm not trying to work my way into becoming a comedian but, my mind works on different plane...While some contemplate Calculas formulas and, advanced building techniques...I'm sitting there giggling from the last d*ck or f*rt joke i heard.

Truck driving pays the bills, lets me play with my simple toys and, meet all kinds of people who are likeminded...and, if you didn't like the last one...Trust me next week i'll come up with something even better...

Plus, sometimes...Truth is stranger than fiction and, i've got 10 hours a night to come up with the fiction part...

I don't want to overload another thread. But when your fave bar/resteraunt closes do you cry? No you belly up to the bar and hang out the good folks around you. To give Ash Grove the proper farewell I'm cutting prices on the AT and CTI motors.
No not at my cost as I have to pay for the gas to get there. But I can take off 10% off of CTI and 25% off AT retail prices.
Sorry other launch sites prices will be normal 10% across the board. (CTI shipping from Canadia isn't cheap).
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]

With the conflict with Michiana, I hadn't planned on going down this weekend. However, I think daughter and I will make a trip to Ash Grove on Saturday (not 100% sure about that yet). Her NAR Jr. L1 is mostly complete. She just needs some more fillets, railbuttons, and a plastic rivet or two and it will be ready to fly. It shouldn't be a problem to finish up this week. I get the feeling that she would rather get this over with this weekend then trying to do it at Michiana next weekend with all the extra people plus media with "Thrusting the Throne". If we make it down Saturday, can I get two NAR L1+ members for her cert team? I will be her mentor and I doubt I can serve on the cert team as well. It will be easier for me to be with her for the Jr. L1 if I am not helping with the Michiana launch as well. So the more I think about it, the more reasons I have for her to say her good bye to the Ash Grove site with her Jr. L1.

Thanks!

With the conflict with Michiana, I hadn't planned on going down this weekend. However, I think daughter and I will make a trip to Ash Grove on Saturday (not 100% sure about that yet). Her NAR Jr. L1 is mostly complete. She just needs some more fillets, railbuttons, and a plastic rivet or two and it will be ready to fly. It shouldn't be a problem to finish up this week. I get the feeling that she would rather get this over with this weekend then trying to do it at Michiana next weekend with all the extra people plus media with "Thrusting the Throne". If we make it down Saturday, can I get two NAR L1+ members for her cert team? I will be her mentor and I doubt I can serve on the cert team as well. It will be easier for me to be with her for the Jr. L1 if I am not helping with the Michiana launch as well. So the more I think about it, the more reasons I have for her to say her good bye to the Ash Grove site with her Jr. L1.

Thanks!

I'm coming down Saturday, be happy to sign off on her cert.

Finelda for Jrl1.png

Thanks everyone! She won't be painted, but this is the design.

This is daughter's own design that she made in Open Rocket. She has been flying smaller BT55 versions of Finelda for over a year. So now she has been upscaled to 54mm tubes. Just hoping the tube fins don't get badly singed. That part of the tube fins are wrapped in aluminum tape. It was sufficient to protect the rocket when it was a D12. Will it be enough to protect the tubes on a Skidmark? I guess we will find out.

Gus, I am planning on coming to Ash grove launch this Saturday Nov 15th, I have a few quick questions.
Do you ( or can you) have a 1515 rail available for a 70 pound rocket with a large M motor, so I can launch my "Ultimate Wild Thang"?
Do you know if any rocket vendors will be at the launch this Saturday?

MWP12_WT1.jpg MWP12_WT2.jpg

Last edited:
Do you plan on attending the December launch, Mr. Bob?

Just found out about the circumstances as well as the schedule... Alas there is a house remodel ongoing, so I can't make this weekend.... However, once I figure out when the December launch is... Maybe I can finally burn some vacation. In more ways than one ;)

Back