Moon landing conspiracy theorists on YouTube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mushtang

Premium Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Today at lunch I was watching a YouTube video of a Discovery Channel documentary about the Apollo 11 story. It had some really interesting things to say, but mostly things I'd seen before. I did learn one thing new, that Buzz Aldrin had to use a pen to get the ascent engine to start by keeping a breaker closed due to a circuit board getting broken when they put on their space suits. But that was after they totally glossed over Buzz being responsible for the 1201 and 1202 alarms by purposely skipping steps in his checklist.

Anyway, I was reading the comments after the video and it was one big argument between folks that claimed the landings were faked and folks that say it wasn't. This isn't unusual unfortunately, most videos on YouTube about the moon landings have this sort of discussion in the comments section. It's sort of sad.

Realizing that I'd never change anyone's mind, I still decided to chime in and post myself. I'm looking forward to getting replies to this post on the YouTube video because they'll certainly be entertaining. Here's what I wrote:

"The people who say the landings never happened are either trolls that don't really believe it but are saying it just to start an argument, or they're complete morons.

First of all, the sheer number of people involved in the Apollo program makes it impossible for a faked landing to remain secret for this long. If it were faked, then we would have definite proof from people involved by now. But the only people that claim it didn't happen are people that weren't involved.

Secondly, the only proof that conspiracy theorists have against the landing are issues with the documents provided by NASA (pictures, video, etc.). Things that don't quite seem right to them. Every single claim that the lighting, shadows, lines on pictures, moving flags, etc. are evidence of being faked have been explained as what would actually happen.

Third, the Soviet Union, who managed to get people within the Manhattan Project to divulge secrets on how to make an atomic bomb, would certainly have been able to get someone within NASA to share evidence that they were faking the landing! This was a HUGE political slap at Communism from a Republic that we were able to beat them in the race to the moon. If it were faked the Russians would definitely have made it very public as soon as possible. But instead they just had to eat crow and accept the fact that we beat them.

Fourth, there were plenty of mistakes that NASA made along the way, rockets that blew up during launch tests, astronauts that burned up during ground tests, and none of that was ever kept a secret. The Russians had their share of failures too but they tried to cover it all up and make us think they were doing everything right. Years later all the Russian failures have come out and we've seen why they never made it to the moon, so wouldn't all our secret failures and faked landings come out too? But they haven't. Again, the only people that claim the landings never happened are people that weren't involved. "

All good, but of course, you know you will loose to the TROLLS...

Internet-tough-guy-troll.jpeg

Maybe we can ask the Chinese to bring back one of Alan Shepard's golf balls. I think you're right Tim, nothing beats a good (or bad) conspiracy theory.

I always like this debunking of the Moon Landing Hoax. It's from a filmmaker who says while we had the technology to land on the moon in 1969, we didn't have the technology to fake it.

[video=youtube;_loUDS4c3Cs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_loUDS4c3Cs[/video]

The first system even remotely capable of 3D animation on a reasonable timeline of production wasn't exactly convincing...in 1973.

CG1973.jpg

Attachments

• CG1973.jpg
    CG1973.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 87
Good luck, but you can't win because you are trying to apply clear logic to refute a completely illogical argument. The only way to win such an argument is for lightning to strike the opponent.

Excellent response. Let us know what they say to "prove" you wrong.

I also liked your response Mushtang... It still amazes me the number of people who i run into who think it was all a great conspiracy.

I truly believe that alot of people feel that mankind walked out of a cave and, stood upright only 20 years ago...when they forget that over many centuries of time mankind has proven over and, over again that the human brain, able hands and, determination have accomplished incredible things.

I always point to the Great Pyramid and, mention..."Yah, with the technology we have today, we can't even build what the ancient Egyptians built 2000 years ago....Maybe mankind needs to get out from behind the T.V. and, start using our hands and, brains again...."

Because in several thousand years, this rock we live on today will be a distant memory of hot space dust...

Of course, there is still a flat earth society

https://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Obviously we can't go to the moon from a flat earth
Of course you can. You just wait until the Moon goes below the horizon, then you step off the edge of the Earth and fall straight onto it. The following day, when the Moon is high in the sky, you jump off the Moon to get back to the Earth, because naturally if the Earth is flat then the Moon probably is as well. The important thing is to do all of this during the day because if you do it at night you're liable to miss the Moon and land on the Sun instead.

Here is conclusive evidence that the Moon landings were faked:
https://stuffucanuse.com/fake_moon_landings/moon_landings.htm

As to the claim that if the landings were a hoax then someone would have blown it by now, they have. Here's a leaked photo of the hoax being recorded:
289fake1_small.jpg

One final comment to anyone who takes any of the above seriously: :rofl:

I love "The absence of stars" theory. :facepalm: Hellooooo!! They're on the bright side of the moon, so the sunlight is drowning them out. Just like we can't see stars in the daytime here on earth!!

No way, man!! Don't you get it?!? Absence of evidence is PROOF of the conspiracy!

ps - cattle mutilations are up 28% this month!

pps - I may be a paranoid schizophrenic, but at least I have each other!

There are various versions of this saying, but it can be adapted for this topic:

ARGUING with idiots on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious

There is no truth to any conspiracy theories.
All conspiracies are just part of a big conspiracy.

There are various versions of this saying, but it can be adapted for this topic:

ARGUING with idiots on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious

Never argue with idiots; they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

And who’s behind the conspiracy to drive us all nuts* with the indecipherable Chinese writing pasted all over the forum?

*Admittedly this is a pretty short drive in my case.
Actually it’s more of an after dinner stroll.

The only thing fake about the moon landing was the "simulations" that Walter Cronkite showed, and had pasted on the screen as simulations.

if they spent time and money for a decent telescope, they would see the reflecting mirror use to measure the distance of the moon from the earth.

Along with many other things left there, like the rovers.

The only thing fake about the moon landing was the "simulations" that Walter Cronkite showed, and had pasted on the screen as simulations.

if they spent time and money for a decent telescope, they would see the reflecting mirror use to measure the distance of the moon from the earth.

Along with many other things left there, like the rovers.
I haven't seen the simulations that Cronkite was showing, I'll have to go look those up and see how bad they look.

Mythbusters used the mirrors as one of their "proofs" that man walked on the moon. I believe the Apollo missions landed on the moon, and I believe that men got out and walked around in their space suits and came back. I don't believe that the existence of mirrors is proof. Mythbusters is good for entertainment, but often very short on science.

I just finished Digital Apollo on the AGC and the comment in there about these alarms was that the radar was set incorrectly(but correctly following an updated checklist) which caused some extra load on the AGC and thus these alarms...it did not mention anything about Aldrin purposely skipping steps. It does say that they wanted to keep radar on so that in an emergency re-docking with the CM would be easier, and that they had requested to update the checklist and it was updated. And this was found in later testing to overload the agc in certain conditions and should not have been allowed.

Frank

Today at lunch I was watching a YouTube video of a Discovery Channel documentary about the Apollo 11 story. It had some really interesting things to say, but mostly things I'd seen before. I did learn one thing new, that Buzz Aldrin had to use a pen to get the ascent engine to start by keeping a breaker closed due to a circuit board getting broken when they put on their space suits. But that was after they totally glossed over Buzz being responsible for the 1201 and 1202 alarms by purposely skipping steps in his checklist.

Last edited:
I think you'll find that a major portion of the responses you get on You Tube will come from individuals that weren't alive in 1969.

You Tube is good for entertainment. The videos get 'em there, but the real entertainment is in the comments. You'll laugh 'til you cry.

There was also telemetry data streaming back to Earth from the spacecraft. Surely, it would have occured to the Soviets to exploit it were it falsified.

Best argument ever:

"We went to the moon nine times. I mean why would we fake it NINE times?" - Charlie Duke, LMP Apollo 14

[video=youtube;FmZlR7JLjuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZlR7JLjuE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZlR7JLjuE[/video]

Best argument ever:

"We went to the moon nine times. I mean why would we fake it NINE times?" - Charlie Duke, LMP Apollo 14

Disagree.

Best argument is to let the fools believe anything they'd like.

"We went to the moon nine times. I mean why would we fake it NINE times?"

The reason I've heard for faking it is that it's gone on long enough already, you're tired, and you'd rather just get to sleep. If you're faking it nine times, then someone's not getting the point.

The real conspiracy is not the cover up of a fake moon landing. The real conspiracy is the cover up of the vast network of secret moon bases our government has been building on the far side of the moon. They are designed to serve the needs of our governing elites once Earth becomes uninhabitable, which is something our government has known is inevitable for more than 50 years and has been working to hide from us. The bogus story that the moon landings were faked is a manufactured rumor that was leaked by the very conspirators who are covering up the REAL conspiracy --- it's a form of counter-intelligence designed to throw the conspiracy theorists off the track. Think about it. It makes perfect sense.

The reason I've heard for faking it is that it's gone on long enough already, you're tired, and you'd rather just get to sleep. If you're faking it nine times, then someone's not getting the point.

OK Thirsty you just made me do a spit-take at work! Now everybody's looking at me and I don't dare explain the joke...

Back