Thanks to all who put on Midwest Power 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What a fantastic weekend! Easily one of the funnest launches ever - and what spectacular flights and fliers. Well done!

Agreed- it was the first really large scale launch that i've been to. I probably had more fun watching other rockets go up than launching my own! My kids (ages 4+5) already told me they want to go back next year.

Had a great time ! thanks too everyone ,hope to see ya there next time , Jim

Very nice event.. Glad I was able to make this one...

Stuck in memory bank for MANY years.

Thanks to all.

Grimracer

Thanks to all for a great MWP.

There was a few that made this a very special MWP for the Gross's, I want you to know we really appreciated what ya'll did.

Thanks for the time with the best friends anyone could ask for.

Mike Gross

Let me show you some of the fun... My buddy Barstool Mike as "BLOCKER" lol

Grimracer

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

Agree with everybody, a really great event.

Special thanks to Grimracer who did me a big favor. Thanks again Grimracer!

Richard Cash

Had a great time at my 11th MWP! Thanks to the QCRS crew for putting on my favorite launch of the year, year after year! Many thanks; and several photos to be posted shortly!!!\

-Eric-

Let me show you some of the fun... My buddy Barstool Mike as "BLOCKER" lol

And he still beat Brandon, I'm so ashamed.:facepalm:

Mike? What trick did you do too keep Jenny from going past her *liquid intake threshold* this year? :eek:

I heard it was a "No Ralph" weekend over on the north end.....

That's good though! Really appreciate her competing in the 4" Rocket 3" Sparky motor Drag Race....what a beautiful Eagle Claw that is!

Agree with everybody, a really great event.

Special thanks to Grimracer who did me a big favor. Thanks again Grimracer!

+1 on both counts.

Thanks to Tim, Jackie, and the entire QCRS for another perfect MWP. When the launch runs this smoothly, it is indicative of a lot of hard work done in advance and behind the scenes. Bravo!

Grim walked out and (unsolicited) volunteered to carry in the Patriot battery. I owe you a bunch. And a big bouquet of thank you's to Gus for hauling it out there, Dan for carrying the rocket out to the field, Zach for carrying the rocket in from the field, and Steve on the other end of the battery inbound. Couldn't have done this without you guys. Thank you, my friends.

And it was great seeing Dr. J. again. Hope you had an uneventful drive home. Bedankt voor alles wat je verder te doen voor de raketten gemeenschap.

Sather

Mike? What trick did you do too keep Jenny from going past her *liquid intake threshold* this year? :eek:

I heard it was a "No Ralph" weekend over on the north end.....

That's good though! Really appreciate her competing in the 4" Rocket 3" Sparky motor Drag Race....what a beautiful Eagle Claw that is![/QUOTE]

She remembered all the talking she did with Ralph the last time & decided not to talk to any more.

She also had a great time in the drag race, the rocket got up to 13,112' & recovered 1.8 miles away.

Thanks to all the people that ran Midwest Power. It was a great launch and we had tons of fun! Greg,Jill and Kristin Olson

Happy to help.... Its the people that Make rocketry great.. the rockets are the media...

Very fun event!

Grim

A big thanks go to QCRS club members, the volunteers who set-up, take-down, LCO,Padmangers, RSO,Tim and Jackie, and to all of the people I met or talked to. I enjoyed myself especially after a personal rough time over the past couple of weeks.

I want to thank everybody who helped out last weekend,the fliers coming to MWP is what makes it what it is.
Just remember we have launches once a month at the same location and almost everybody is welcome to come fly with us.

Thanks to everyone! That was my first large-scale launch, and it was certainly an experience to remember. Now if only I could get over this cold I picked up somewhere... :)

almost everybody is welcome to come fly with us.

Who did you have in mind for those who aren't "almost everybody"?

BTW, I had a good time too. Thanks Tim, the entire QCRS crew and all those others who volunteered to get the range ready etc.

Back