Secret Santa 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing yet, but it seems that I DID have a package from Amazon (with gifts for my mom, and my sister-in-law's boyfriend) stolen off my doorstep yesterday. I got a "delivered" notification on my phone yesterday about 1:30p, but there was no package when I got home at 6:00p.

Amazon says it may be funky-ness with tracking and could show up today. If it doesn't, I get to call back to report it missing/stolen and make arrangements to have replacements shipped.

(I'm tempted to order a box of actual crap manure/fertilizer to leave on my doorstep for someone to take.)

Nothing yet, but it seems that I DID have a package from Amazon (with gifts for my mom, and my sister-in-law's boyfriend) stolen off my doorstep yesterday. I got a "delivered" notification on my phone yesterday about 1:30p, but there was no package when I got home at 6:00p.

Amazon says it may be funky-ness with tracking and could show up today. If it doesn't, I get to call back to report it missing/stolen and make arrangements to have replacements shipped.

(I'm tempted to order a box of actual crap manure/fertilizer to leave on my doorstep for someone to take.)

There is usually a place for comments or instructions for delivery.
When I had my house, my neighbor either told them to leave it at the Back door, or if needed a signiture to have me sign and keep it till she got home. Her hubby is gone most of the year workin pipeline.
As a side note, I had to sign a package from freud on day. Come to find out it was the master set in a hard case of the oscillating tool.
Wish I could have afforded 5 Benjies for a hand tool like that. Thouh, I did barrow it a couple times.

Okay... I just got another gift from my secret Santa! From Sirius Rocketry!

I think I'm starting to zero in on my Secret Santa... There are only so many people participating who are from Texas. Most of them are a good couple of hours from me so I'm down to those who didn't say their state in their profile, and those who said Texas but withheld the town (Jazzviper, I'm looking at you! ;) ).

Who ME?????????

Long unmarked package in my doorstep this afternoon. Has Santa written on it. Either my SS package is received or Santa is having his mail forwarded to my house again.

SS gift received. I do know who my SS is though. Shouldn't have handwritten something on there. :p

Maybe I shouldn't worry. But I know the gift was sent and arrived at the recipients address. At least tracking says so. days ago in fact.
:impatient::impatient:

Returned home today. In the mail was a package marked "Secret Santa". Under the tree it goes.

Nothing yet... maybe it'll be waiting for me at work when I return in January. Unless gdjsky is my SS. If that's the case I wonder if the delivered package grew legs and wandered away from my doorstep. (Like one of my amazon boxes did.)

Or maybe my wife intercepted it and is being especially sneaky this year.

Last edited:
Interesting....package has not arrived, apparently it was supposed to arrive on the tenth. Another package that my parents ordered was supposed to arrive on the eleventh but that never arrived either. We live in a safe town and robberies are uncommon Im wondering if it was the same carrier. Any ideas as to what happened?

I have not received a gift either.

Unfortunatly your present is not going make it for Christmas. I was shipped on the 10th, but for some reason it was returned to Santa. So Santa will have to ship it out again on Friday. But trust me, you are going like what it is :).

Ok.
Thank you.
I was worried that it might have been stolen off my porch like has happened to so-many others.
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

This is posted on behalf of your secret santa. "HeavyLight... this is your secret santa. If you have not received your gift yet, it is incoming soon. I have been talking with performance hobbies to see when it will arrive. Merry Christmas! Your Secret santa."

Alrighty. I give complete permission for EVERY SINGLE ONE of you to torture connor endlessly. Connor was my secret santa. I knew it because I recognized the handwriting and backtracked the tracking number on the package. He claimed it was a bunch of igniters.

I knew it couldn't be because the box was shipped via first class mail. Igniters would require some form of HAZMAT. I knew something weird was coming. Some things just didn't seem right. I open up the gift...

and what do I find but 5 bottles of nail polish, a golf ball, and some candy.

Connor is going to pay.

You got me though. Merry Christmas.

And this means you OWE me an AeroPack now. No buts.

(For those wondering... I continually suspected that there was an AeroPack in the box when he claimed there were igniters.)

Awesome. Thanks to my secret Santa for the Fliskits Celtic Thunder! Now how the heck do I build this little bugger?

WOW! My very generous SS sent me a mega mosquito AND a leviathan! I'm very thankful! I can't wait to build these. Though they might not be going stock :wink:

Thank you very very much!

Braden

1419491465470.jpg

I also got a generous SS this year, and I thank you deeply for all six(!!) rockets I got.

As for the haul itself:

Comanche III
Tercel Boost Glider
Sky Writer
Xarconian Cruiser
High Flier XL
Astron Sprint XL

Again, Thank you.

Back