Secret Santa 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gift ordered-----on it's way to destination------hopefully it makes it before Christmas ;)

I ordered all of the stuff for my recipient before the email revision with real names came out so their TRF handle will be on the box. Looks like it's still processing but I expect that it should be there for the holidays.

Target Aquired...
Artilery Aimed...
Magazine Loaded...
Blast off in Zero minus 12 hours.
plus or minus to 5pm est.
Tragectory set for prior to Dec 24th.
Destination is set for full total satisfaction. (hopefully)
Further statistics will be available as intel permits.
(closes magazine on the howitzer)...
Aim.... to be continued...

The Trigger has been pulled, ordence on it's way, $200 insures a direct hit on front pourch.
PM to follow to PaPa Elf...

Package arrived today from unknown sender. While it was found on the front porch, it was not on fire, so I brought it in the house! Looking forward to Christmas morning to see what goodies are inside. Thank you Secret Santa!

My package has shipped... The giftee will be receiving two items he asked for, and two semi collectable, yet buildable/flying rocket kits... Merry Christmas Everybody!!!

Gift orderedandon it's way to destination, but hopefully it makes it before Christmas Vendor says A-OK.
Happy Holidas :happydeer:

Here is the official Sent/Received list compiled from posts here or e-mailed to me. Just a reminder, when you order or send your present, please let me know.

BlackbrandtSentReceived
Caliguy78SentReceived
CodysmithSentReceived
Conman13SentReceived
CzTeacherManSentReceived
djkingsleySentReceived
DRAGON64SentReceived
EmckeeSent
Ford PrefectSentReceived
Gdjsky01Sent
Harrison2537SentReceived
HeavyLightSent
HowhighSent
Jazzviper1Sent
JLNELSentReceived
KayceeSentReceived
LittlemisterbigSent
Madison AlumSentReceived
Major TomSentReceived
MassrokitSentReceived
MightyrocketmanSentReceived
Moon KnightSentReceived
RAHagenSentReceived
RbelknapSent
RocketJoe13SentReceived
Salvage-1Sent
Scott EvilSentReceived
StanSentReceived
TanarinSentReceived
UPscalerSent
Woody's WorkshopSentReceived

List Updated Dec 24, 2014

Last edited:
Just got confirmation that my recipient's gift has been shipped. Should still make in plenty of time for Xmas.

Of course, my recipient will probably figure out what it is upon arrival without the need to open it, unless the vendor is especially sneaky.

A package from Apogee arrived on my doorstep today. It goes "clink" when I tip it... Now what did I ask for that goes "clink"? (edit: I have a guess, but would it be sporting to post it?)

Judging from Papa Elf's list above, I can start to narrow down who my Secret Santa is...

Blackbrandt
codysmith**
Conman13
CzTeacherMan*
djkingsley
DRAGON64
HeavyLight (probably not, as my full name is on the box)
Madison Alum
Moon Knight*
RAHagen**
Salvage-1
Scott Evil*
Stan
Woody's Workshop

Who can it be now? Judging by the time of people's posts, and when the package arrived, I'd say likely candidates are marked with an asterisk. USPS tracking number indicates it departed the vendor on 12/1... Of course, if the sender didn't post that they'd sent it here, then it could be someone else...

hmmm.....

Last edited:
Mail lady, um, mail llama delivered a package today, marked "do not open until xmas, TRF secrect santa"
Put it under the tree. No, I will not shake it, not fondle it, nor will I ignore it. But it will be the best thing under the tree for me!
Thank you kindly PaPa Elf and my SS!
PM coming PaPa Elf.

A package from Apogee arrived on my doorstep today. It goes "clink" when I tip it... Now what did I ask for that goes "clink"? (edit: I have a guess, but would it be sporting to post it?)

Judging from Papa Elf's list above, I can start to narrow down who my Secret Santa is...

Blackbrandt
codysmith**
Conman13
CzTeacherMan*
djkingsley
DRAGON64
Madison Alum
Moon Knight*
RAHagen**
Salvage-1
Scott Evil*
Stan
Woody's Workshop

Who can it be now? Judging by the time of people's posts, and when the package arrived, I'd say likely candidates are marked with an asterisk. USPS tracking number indicates it departed the vendor on 12/1... Of course, if the sender didn't post that they'd sent it here, then it could be someone else...

hmmm.....

I can say it was not me... I hope you fair well though with your gift!

Allow me to make your life ever so slightly harder. :p The original order that I placed got cancelled because I messed up. By the time I contacted a certain vendor and got everything squared away, I had my recipient's full name which was used on the package. I'll tell the full story after the holidays since it will likely give away who I got. So, it could have been me. Muahaha!

Allow me to make your life ever so slightly harder. :p The original order that I placed got cancelled because I messed up. By the time I contacted a certain vendor and got everything squared away, I had my recipient's full name which was used on the package. I'll tell the full story after the holidays since it will likely give away who I got. So, it could have been me. Muahaha!

THIS is one of my favorite parts of the SS exchanges. Messing with the recipients heads as they try to deduce who their SS was... :p :hohoho:

Last edited:
package received today not sure who sent it but i have a pretty good idea whats inside judging by the vendor and my wishlist :)

my gift to ____ has been ordered and status is now shipped.

THIS is one of my favorite parts of the SS exchanges. Messing with the recipients heads as they try to deduce who their SS was... :p :hohoho:

oh.. let's start this one early.

Dear Mr BlackBrandt - most probably I am not your Secret Santa, I was at one point, but you didn't believe it. Therefore, I am most probably not now.

My secret Santa recipient is a long way from me and from the vendor I purchased from...

Dear Mr BlackBrandt - most probably I am not your Secret Santa, I was at one point, but you didn't believe it. Therefore, I am most probably not now.
I suspect you,... :)

Nice try, but it won't work! Why? Elementary, my dear Watson... Your original post was on 12/3, most likely at a time prior to your 2nd placement of the order (with the full name). My package was shipped 12/1, so was ordered on or before that date, most likely 11/29 or 11/30 (unless Apogee is really quick with their shipping!). As such, you are not likely my Secret Santa.

I do have to assume, however, that whoever my SS is, notified Papa Elf or posted here in a timely manner...

I received a package from someone today, my wife and two daughters are protecting the box and won't even let me see it up close. The say it's marked secret santa wrapped inside and since this is the only secret Santa exchange I am taking part in this year I deduce it's from one of you.��

I suspect you,... :)

Oh good, if you suspect him, then you won't be suspecting me. (Did you ever do a build thread on the wildman kit from the July exchange?)

Payload has separated from 1st stage and should arrive at destination soon if all of coordinates were correct. Merry Christmas!

Received package today!! My wife will have to hide it to keep me from peeking!!!!!

Back