NARCON 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my guise as ThroWeight Rocketry, I have received some additional information about NARCON 2015.

NARCON 2015, “Rockets of Inspiration,” has been confirmed for February 20-22, 2015 at the Museum of Flight in Seattle. (https://www.museumofflight.org)

The NARCON 2015 web site is https://www.Narcon2015Seattle.org. The web site will go live 12/1/2014.

The Puget Sound Rocketry Club, NAR Section 763, is the host.

The NAR, in partnership with the Museum of Flight, will be dedicating the museum’s new model rocketry exhibit.

My latest information is that the NARCON website will go live sometime over the weekend of Dec 6-7. Stay tuned!

Mark Smythe, PSRC #763

Last edited:
Registration for NARCON 2015 in Seattle at the Museum of Flight on February 20th-22nd is now open. There's something in the schedule for almost everyone. We've got two killer tours on tap, and the Banquet's being held in the same room as the shuttle simulator! Spread the word and let's make this NARCON a celebration of rocketry here in the Northwest!

https://www.narconseattle2015.com

If you are interested in being a vendor at this years NARCON feel free to PM. We also are hosting a Vendors Forum, and are requesting product informational sheets for our goodie bags.

See you in Seattle.

John Ludwig
NARCON 2015
Vendor Committee Chair

Last edited:
oops corrected thanks.

Sounds great either way John. You have my email when you decide.

John-

The website works great and I'm already registered for the weekend, banquet, and tshirt deal. The Museum of Flight will be a great venue with a bunch of activities for everyone who enjoys rockets and spaceflight.

Where else can you crawl into a Space Shuttle Orbiter flight deck, look out the Commander's window and see Vern Estes' Shuttle flown Astron Scout on exhibit? There are a bunch of iconic model rockets, both old and new, in the newly expanded NAR exhibit. There are rockets in there from the Model Missiles era all the way to this year's WSMC and TARC winning birds.

The dedication of the new permanent NAR "Inspiring Rockets" exhibit, combined with an outstanding lineup of presenters will ensure there is something for everybody at NARCON 2015!

Pat

John-

The website works great and I'm already registered for the weekend, banquet, and tshirt deal. The Museum of Flight will be a great venue with a bunch of activities for everyone who enjoys rockets and spaceflight.

Where else can you crawl into a Space Shuttle Orbiter flight deck, look out the Commander's window and see Vern Estes' Shuttle flown Astron Scout on exhibit? There are a bunch of iconic model rockets, both old and new, in the newly expanded NAR exhibit. There are rockets in there from the Model Missiles era all the way to this year's WSMC and TARC winning birds.

The dedication of the new permanent NAR "Inspiring Rockets" exhibit, combined with an outstanding lineup of presenters will ensure there is something for everybody at NARCON 2015!

Pat
Pat
I could not of have said it better myself.

I myself will have a SEMROC Defender in the Display. photo here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/500660226724125/
See you in Seattle.

John
NARCON 2015 Vendor Committee Chair

Last edited:
Registered for the Three Day Event, the Behind the Scenes Tour, and the Banquet. Of course I also had to get the T-Shirt to prove I was (will be) there :)

I was somewhat disappointed that one had to choose between the two tours as they take place at overlapping times at different locations.

Last edited:
Sounds great either way John. You have my email when you decide.
Just made flight/hotel/car reservations for my son and me last night, so I guess we're committed to going to NARCON!
Since we'll be traveling on Thursday 2/19 and on the following Monday, my son will have to miss 3 days of school, but I'm sure he won't be too upset about that.

Now I just have to register us for NARCON, make up some flyers, and bag up some ThroWeight Rocketry kits to sell!

Dave Davis asked me to present some of my rocket gliders and large lightweight rockets/construction on Saturday so I'll have the dynasoar stack, Hellfire, and some rocket gliders there to look at as well.

Frank

Dave Davis asked me to present some of my rocket gliders and large lightweight rockets/construction on Saturday so I'll have the dynasoar stack, Hellfire, and some rocket gliders there to look at as well.

Frank

X-20 Dynasoar Program – Roy Houchin will follow your presentation

John Ludwig
NARCON 2015
Vendor Committee Chair

Last edited:
THE most amazing Panel just announced for NARCON 2015.

Be sure to stick around for lunch on Saturday, 21 February from 12:30-1:30PM

Model Rocket Pioneers with Vern Estes, Gleda Estes, Bill Simon, Lee Piester, Betty Piester, & Bill Stine!

NOT TO BE MISSED!

John Ludwig
NARCON 2015

Last edited:
We will be there ... in spirit.

Bracha and I had so much fun at the last NARCON and with the museum exhibit opening and other events planned for this one (not to mention that neither of us has visited Washington state), we seriously considered attending. But, it conflicts with some other plans, so we aren't able to make it.

But, we are sending some goodies for the goodie bag. So, at least we'll be represented at the event in some small way.

Have fun!

-- Roger

4b31bb4e-4523-4bc7-84ac-73560a1ec649.jpg

Museum Hosts National Association of Rocketry Convention Feb. 20-22

Three days of programs with real rocket scientists, the best in model rocketry, a special Museum exhibit, Pioneers of Model Rocketry, rocketry vendors from across North America, and keynote speaker NASA astronaut Jay Apt

-Public Welcome!
-First 25 students to register will have lunch with NASA astronaut Jay Apt
-daily passes available
-Space Gallery Banquet with rocketry and space pioneers (seats going fast!)

Astron%20Scout%20and%20flagLR%20copy_zpsh5cf9qmf_1.jpg

The Astron Scout model rocket made by Vern Estes that astronaut Jay Apt carried to orbit onboard space shuttle mission STS-37 in 1991. The National Association of Rocketry flag is in the background; it was also on the shuttle flight. Both are on exhibit at The Museum of Flight.

SEATTLE, Jan. 28, 2015--The Museum of Flight hosts the 2015 annual convention of the National Association of Rocketry, NARCON 2015, Feb. 20-22. The National Association of Rocketry is the largest organization dedicated to the sport of model rocketry, and this convention brings together the best in the field plus model rocketry legend Vern Estes. The keynote speaker is former NASA astronaut Dr. Jay Apt, who made four space shuttle flights, is a spacewalker, and a model rocketeer who brought a model rocket made by Vern Estes with him on his first shuttle flight in 1991 (see the rocket at the Museum).

Registration is online at https://https://www.narconseattle2015.com/

A public program with astronaut Jay Apt will be Feb. 21 at 2 p.m., and is free with admission to the Museum.

NARCON Featured Speakers and Participants

Vern and Gleda Estes, Founders Estes Industries

Lee and Betty Piester, Founders Centuri Engineering

Jay Apt, NASA Astronaut and Lifetime Model Rocketeer

Roger Ressmeyer World Renowned Space Photographer

Dan Hagedorn, Museum of Flight Curator

Art Bozlee, XCOR Lynx Program

Robert Winglee, University of Washington

Dr. Dieter Zube, Aerojet Rocketdyne

Ted Cochran, President National Association of Rocketry

Museum of Flight Media Releases

Access this and all other Museum of Flight news releases online at:

www.museumofflight.org/press/archives

###

Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2015, the independent, non-profit Museum of Flight is one of the largest air and space museums in the world, serving more than 560,000 visitors annually. The Museum's collection includes more than 160 historically significant airplanes and spacecraft, from the first fighter plane (1914) to today's 787 Dreamliner. Attractions also include the original Boeing Company factory, and the world's only full-scale NASA Space Shuttle Trainer. The Museum's aviation and space library and archives are the largest on the West Coast. More than 150,000 individuals are served annually by the Museum's on-site and outreach educational programs. The Museum of Flight is accredited by the American Association of Museums, and is an Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution.

The Museum of Flight is located at 9404 E. Marginal Way S., Seattle, Exit 158 off Interstate 5 on Boeing Field halfway between downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac Airport. The Museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $20 for adults, $17 for seniors 65 and older, $17 for active military, $12 for youth 5 to 17, and free for children under 5. Group rates are available. Admission on the first Thursday of the month is free from 5 to 9 p.m. courtesy of Wells Fargo. McCormick & Schmick's Wings Café is on site. For general Museum information, please call 206-764-5720 or visit www.museumofflight.org

Ted Huetter
Public Relations
and Promotions Manager

Rachel Dreeben
Marketing
and Public Relations Coordinator

NARCON participants get a 15 percent discount in the Museum of Flight gift store! MOF are getting geared up for the event with a good stock of model rocketry related goodies, including some stuff I haven't seen before. The merchandise display just outside the entrance to the store was getting attention from a group of Russian visitors today.

IMG_20150202_110755.jpg

IMG_20150202_110428.jpg

IMG_20150202_110456.jpg

Afternoon folks!
1. The VERY LAST day you may purchase tickets for the NARCON Banquet is Sunday, 15 February by 9PM PST. After that, no more will be sold. You *will not* be able to purchase them at the convention, no we are not able to take walk in's either. Sorry, but the caterer at McCormick and Schmick's needs the numbers, so it's worth doing this now!
2. There will be a *few* t-shirts for sale at the convention, but not many. If you are interested in one, they are $20.00, and you will be able to get it at the registration table.
3. If you know you are coming to the convention, but not sure what day, please consider pre-registering online! There are both 1-Day as well as 3-Day passes available. This will get you in and out as fast as possible and headed down to All The Fun.
Look forward to see you all there!

Banquet has over 100 registered.:)

John Ludwig
Narcon 2015
Vendor Committee Chair

Back