Goblin help.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caynnor

Reaction score
I certified Level 1 on a 4" Polecat Goblin with no problems, when I made my Level 2 flight the wind was higher, it got dragged some and I popped a couple of fins. The directions tell you not to fillet the fins so it will be easier to repair but I was wondering with the possibility of higher winds again if I should go ahead and over build it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Can't say I'd overbuild,
My BT-101 hobby Goblin 3.9" is all balsa and standard .021" wall "estes" style tubing. with a couple 14ply sho-card 5-D12 cluster centering rings.
shes flown in some fairly stiff breezes and gotten dragged a bit under the 36" Hemi chute without so much as cracking the epoxy rivets or Fillets holding the butt jointed fins.
I have applied fillets during the first build;)

Can't say I'd overbuild,
My BT-101 hobby Goblin 3.9" is all balsa and standard .021" wall "estes" style tubing. with a couple 14ply sho-card 5-D12 cluster centering rings.
shes flown in some fairly stiff breezes and gotten dragged a bit under the 36" Hemi chute without so much as cracking the epoxy rivets or Fillets holding the butt jointed fins.
I have applied fillets during the first build;)

Could you PLEASE fly that at one of the launches?

Back