Walmart rocket motors :D

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigone5500

Reaction score
I was strolling through walmart and lo and behold, a brand new shipmet of motors for $3 a pack. I gotta start saving my money.

Yep, it's true, last time I got motors at Wal-Mart, I got two packs of C6-5's and a pack of A10-3T's for $3.00 a pack. IIRC, the exact total including sales tax was $9.54 or so.:D

Also grabbed an Astrobeam set for $15.00. I love that rocket.:D

All I need is a nice dusk evening to launch it.;)

The Wal-Marts near my house has been selling motor packs for $3 each, with
great selections, too (A10-3T, A8-3, B6-4, B4-4, C6-3, C6-5, C6-7). At another Wal-Mart down in Sugarland, one of our club member (Challenger 498)
found a stash of C6-5's on the shelf that scanned at $1 per pack. He promptly wiped out all the C6-5's on the shelf (hell, I would too! Wouldn't you?).

I wen overboard. I went on a local tour of 6 Wallmarts

I bought 8 Astrobeams at $6-9 a kit and 39 packs of engines at $1.50 a box. I also bought a number of other kits at $3-15 a kit. The deals are out there.

Are local Walmart cleared out the rocket stuff a few months ago and nothing has been restocked. I am wondering if the love affair between Wally World and Estes is over ? It appears to me they arent going to carry anything.

Jim

Are local Walmart cleared out the rocket stuff a few months ago and nothing has been restocked. I am wondering if the love affair between Wally World and Estes is over ? It appears to me they arent going to carry anything.

Jim

I think most of the Wal-Marts are getting their stuff ready for the Holiday
Season; I know our local Wal-Marts usually carry quite a bit of Estes rocketry
related stuff in the toys section during this time. Recall several years back
they had tons of the Astrocam Starter Sets set up in the middle of the aisle
(among other places) and by Christmas Day most of this stuff was sold out.

I wouldn't want to go in there and just buy one or two packs...that's like an alcoholic buying just a half of a six pack...LOL

I agree. I don't think I will need to buy any estes A-C motors for 2-3 years, but of course I will. I do not have a problem. I can stop any time I want.

$3? I haven't seen anything cheaper than 4.95, even at Wal-mart! But unfortunately I haven't seen any rocket engines at Wal-mart lately.

htink about us poor Brits across the pond. my local hobby shop sells a 3 pack of C at £7 - that about $12:(

Yeah, I agree estes motors are expensive for your, but you have rouse retainers.

Chuck

I was at a Wal-Mart the other day so I checked the clearance aisle. I grabbed abiut five packs of A10-3T motors for $2 each and a single pack of A8-3s for $2. Some of the packages were marked $3 or $4, but all rang up at $2.

I also picked up one of the "Launchables" two-kits-in-one-package for $3.

So, I headed over to the toy department and found that all the motors there were marked at $3 a pack on the shelf. It looks like a regular price. But all they had where C6-3 and C6-5 motors. I have plenty of those, but picked up a couple of packs in case someone at our club launch needs some.

BTW, these are the "flight pack" versions of the motors that include recovery wadding.

Since, I wasn't busy I drove to another nearby Wal-mart (it's only about five miles away from the Wal-Mart I was at!). The second Wal-Mart didn't have any rocketry stuff in the clearance aisle. But, it had A10-3T and A8-3 motors in the toy section with the C6-3 and C6-5 motors - all for $3 a pack. I bought a couple more A8-3 packs since I've been using a lot of them recently.

Oh ... as an aside, I also picked up a Maxtor 750 Gb OneTouch 4 external hard drive on clearance for $90! I now have 19 hard drives (about 4.5 Tb total) in use in my house! They are inside of (or connected to) four computers, three DVRs, two MP3 players, and two cameras.

-- Roger

Oh ... as an aside, I also picked up a Maxtor 750 Gb OneTouch 4 external hard drive on clearance for $90! I now have 19 hard drives (about 4.5 Tb total) in use in my house! They are inside of (or connected to) four computers, three DVRs, two MP3 players, and two cameras.

-- Roger

I gotta ask. Why?

Obviously you don't use computes like we do. Even with two digital cameras and lots of writing, multiple backups to my hard drive still only fills my one external backup 500 GB hard drive less than one third full.

What the heck are you storing on all those drives?

I gotta ask. Why?

Obviously you don't use computes like we do. Even with two digital cameras and lots of writing, multiple backups to my hard drive still only fills my one external backup 500 GB hard drive less than one third full.

What the heck are you storing on all those drives?

I have about 1.5 TB on my main computer. I edit videos and have a RAID system on that computer for speed. And I try to save everything on at least two drives as a backup. Videos take up a lot of space. I used to save my Digital 8 tapes and MiniDV tapes. Now, I just save copies of everything on hard drives since my latest cameras don't use tape and hard drives are cheaper than tapes.

Each of the DVRs has a drive in it and I have a free "preview" of several premium channels for a few months. I'm going to cancel them when the free preview ends. So, I'm recording just about every movie (in HD) and saving them on one of the 750 Gb drives. It's almost full so I bought the second one for more movies and for a few things I want to save (like shows about NASA and rockets!).

-- Roger

$3? I haven't seen anything cheaper than 4.95, even at Wal-mart! But unfortunately I haven't seen any rocket engines at Wal-mart lately.

I don't know if you fly with MASA, but the Wal-Mart in Elk River has C6-3, C6-5, and C6-7 flight packs for $3. It's on my way to the Nowthen site. Just bought some today.

I'm jealous, I've got two wally-worlds in town and can't ever find rocket stuff at either. it's pointless to ask the help; nobody i've asked has even known what a rocket is - really!

My Wife called me while she was at Walmart, to tell me about the prices on Motors and if I wanted any.

I told her to buy all of them, she did!, 47 packs, from A to C, mostly B's

so I'm covered for a long while :D

I got a few more packs of C6-5's for $3/pk a while back but our WM still hasn't put out the new display and still doesn't carry any B's. On the other hand, the new old style display is full. I'm not sure how many C size motors I really need since most of the time I'm not on a field big enough to fly them...

Jadebox,

Thanks, I wondered if it was something like videos or animations to such up lot of memory.

All the local Wal-Marts around here are selling engines for $3.00 a pack... but they only have C6 and A10 engines, and I got a PILE of those for $1.00 a pack a while back. I really need A8, B4, and B6 engines.

One of my local Wal-Mart's have motors listed on an actual, not a clearance shelf tag of $3.00.:D

Last night I snagged a Bull Pup 12D kit on clearance for $5.00.:D

Just came from the nearest Wal - Mart from my house (on Fry/West Little York) and noticed the Estes engines are now priced at $1.50 per pack!! They
were $3 per pack just a few days ago.

I wen overboard. I went on a local tour of 6 Wallmarts

I bought 8 Astrobeams at $6-9 a kit and 39 packs of engines at $1.50 a box. I also bought a number of other kits at $3-15 a kit. The deals are out there.

LOL, I would have done the same thing. Good to know I'm not alone. :D

Nice haul there. :cool:

I saw... ok, cleaned out the C6-7's & C6-3's at one WM a week ago near me that had 'em for $2. They've been $3 at every other WM on the way home.

Waiting for the restock. :pirate:

Motors at my local Walmart are now $4.00 per pack from $4.95.

This Walmart store seems to have changed it's stock. There are no "Launchable" model rocket kits, and only two or three RTF starter kits.

On the other hand, there are many more Air Hogs and electric flying planes and helicopters.

I got a $5.00 Bullpup, and the Star Dart/Sizzler combo for $5.00, in last winter's after-Christmas clearance.

No luck on the $1 per pack motors at my Wal-Mart but the sticker on the shelf says, $4.97 per package but they ring up at $3.00 per package when scanned! :D I have been stopping and getting a couple at a time....That way the wife doesn't notice it as much! :surprised: Hopefully she doesn't see the LARGE pile I have already accumulated in the corner with my rocket stuff! ;):D

Back