Design the New TRF Logo

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a "TRF" logo or a "The Rocketry Forum" logo? I thought I had better ask so we all know.

Is this a "TRF" logo or a "The Rocketry Forum" logo? I thought I had better ask so we all know.

Your choice Shrox. I mean Kentucky Friend Chicken and KFC are interchangeable.

If nothing else, if you choose to go with TRF, we can always add The Rocketry Forum in small print, at the bottom.

I think simple always wins out. Think of the corporate logos that are most memorable to you -- and I'll bet they are all pretty simple. I won't even offer an example, just Google a a few companies and look at their logo.

Google itself has a simple logo too.

Are we limited to number of colors? I mean, for print purposes - fewer colors = lower production costs, generally speaking. I just want to know before I get going on my ideas. :)

oh a lava lamp :D, looks nice shrox, second pick after the original logo

Edit: Is it just me or is there a typo! ;) "The Rockerty Forum"

Shrox, that's another pretty darn good design! Thanks for the entry!

Any other takers at the challenge, only a couple weeks left.

Can I play too

THEROCKETRYFORUM.jpg

that was a quickie, I can still refine and smooth it out a bit

THE ROCKETRY FORUM.jpg

I'm no graphic designer, but maybe a twist on the old, using the rocket, and new font -- either just "TRF", or spelled out?

trf-logo3 copy.gif

Does it matter?, as if this forum doesn't have more important things to change

Chris, we're always open to some constructive dissatisfaction. Care to share what your thoughts are?

Stirring the pot--

This one did not shrink down like I wanted. The lettering needs to be darkened up again, and the nose "lines" need to be cleaned up...heck, the whole thing needs to be done by someone who knows what they're doing, but here is the general idea:

TRF_logo03_sm.jpg

Stirring some more--

This idea is a little more colorful (but no wise cracks about me not being able to stay inside the lines)

TRF_logo02_sm.jpg

This is getting good and challenging!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing what the board decides!

I'm working on one and teaching myself the basics of GIMP (Free and Legal Faux Photoshop). Hopefully I'll get it done by the 31st.

Here is my entry, I went for something in a mission patch style. I was teaching myself GIMP (the GNU Image Manipulation Program) in the process so it's not as clean as I would have liked (also realized the resolution was only 100 DPI halfway through, If I get time I may submit a more cleaned up version).

I went with a two stage sci-fi rocket because of its uniqueness (not a 3fnc or 4fnc) and my impression is that many of us on this forum got into rocketry out of interest in space/sci-fi or were drawn in by kits like the Interceptor.

The Moon and constellation Cassiopeia also symbolize the interest in space, are fairly recognizable, and is a nod to my wife.

Hope you like it!!

TRF Logo 1.jpg

These are all good designs! Makes mine I was playing with look, well, childish!:lol:

TRF Logo.gif

Stirring the pot--

This one did not shrink down like I wanted. The lettering needs to be darkened up again, and the nose "lines" need to be cleaned up...heck, the whole thing needs to be done by someone who knows what they're doing, but here is the general idea:

This is my favorite so far. Nice and simple, like people have earlier mentioned.

It could be even awesomer with some refining and detailing, like Powderburner mentioned.

Maybe I'll take a second shot at this. Better than just waiting for the other shoe to warp away. ( I like to mix metaphors. If you pick at your food it will never heal.)

Nick C

Nice! I love the cheering crowd!

I will admit I wasn't shure I would like a new logo, but some of these are nice.

TRF_Logo.jpg

Back