What are you bringing to Red Glare 5?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warthog

Reaction score
MDRA has a featured projects listing for Red Glare 5 but everyone doesn't put their rockets on there because it is for big projects. But we all know that there are some very nice smaller projects that will be there. So........in order to be on the lookout for these nice rockets tell us what you are bringing to fly.

I will be there all 3 days and mine will be:

4" Intimidator on a J540R
4" Yank Enterprises Sandhawk on a J415W
5.38" Upscale LOC Starfighter on a K700W and airstarting four I154J's
7.5" Bocephus (stretched Sky Raider) on a K805G and airstarting two I284W's

If you haven't been to a Red Glare yet you just gotta come!!!

4" Polecat Jayhawk - I305
woket - J90
Son of Frankenrush - J480BB or J400RR
7.5" Fatboy - K670GG or K555SK
Small Endeavor - I1299
4" Endeavor - 4 Grain Red 38mm EX load (to be made)
Legacy - Something bigger than necessary
Whiplash - H250
Expediter - I405

If I can pull it off - Quantum Leap (J230 to I357)

I'm working on a 7.5 inch Honest John for which I have a build thread going. I'm hoping to fly it on a K or baby L... will all depend on the final weight.

.... Her name is Buttercup.

- 8.5 inch Apollo Little Joe II (last winters build thread) - central G with outboard D's airstarted.

- 5.5 inch upscale Fatboy with the biggest Mojave green I can get my hands on...airstarting two outboards

- two stage Nike/Terrier : probably with an I blue thunder to an H White

- 1/4 scale two stage Wac Corporal - Loki J/or I to a Loki H - or maybe a Fast Jack

- Binder Raptor Drag race with Loki Red J's....

4" American Solar Clipper on a K800BB and then on a L1474B1
2.6" American Solar Clipper on a J500G
Raptor on a K700BB
and a few others

Tentative plans are..

6" Mad Dog on M1315W
Intimidator 5 on M650W (9.1 Sec Burn Time)
Vorlon On L1060GG
Big Nuke 3E (Had Barry Make a Custom Cluster)
Central K570WT off the Pad with (3) H97J Air Starts
Talon 4 on K695R
BSD Apache on J540R
2.1" Little Dog on J350W

I'm working on a 7.5 inch Honest John for which I have a build thread going. I'm hoping to fly it on a K or baby L... will all depend on the final weight.

.... Her name is Buttercup.

3 grain baby L, that is my final offer, take it or leave it ;)

Ben

Not flying a bunch of stuff this time around:

- 18" saucer on a J90W
- 3" Amraam on an H123W
- 5.5" Fatman on an I225FJ
- Binder Raptor drag race with MaxQ on Loki J320R
- 2.1" Amraam on a G (not decided what yet)
- Other MPR stuff if time is available

Not flying a bunch of stuff this time around:

- 18" saucer on a J90W
- 3" Amraam on an H123W
- 5.5" Fatman on an I225FJ
- Binder Raptor drag race with MaxQ on Loki J320R
- 2.1" Amraam on a G (not decided what yet)
- Other MPR stuff if time is available

Can I get in on the Drag race with my Pink Velociraptor?

Also, I'm bringing the Woket (24" Saucer) for another show on the J90, want to do them together?

No problem with me, Al. I'm sure MaxQ will be fine with it (not to put words in his mouth). We've only been trying to do this drag race since Red Glare 1.

I'm good to go with the saucer as well. Hopefully you planned on the long delay this time?

Hey, my saucer does aerobatics...

Yeah I have the J90S reload (I need short to deal with the ejection system)

No problem with me, Al. I'm sure MaxQ will be fine with it (not to put words in his mouth). We've only been trying to do this drag race since Red Glare 1.

No problem...I think I can shut down a "pink" Velociraptor....LOL

Unless Al is using a different motor ...he is in the same motor class...Top Fuel AA/FD right?

Last edited:
What's your predcted altitude? You will definitely be first off the pad. Best to just get rid of that pink thing quick so that it does not clash with my rocket!

I will be flying this and its big brother. This is a 2.56" dia American Solar Clipper 38mm motor mount and its big brother is a 4" dia version with a 75mm motor mount.

Picture%20002.jpg

I definitely going to bring somethings that fly on LOKI Spitefires!! Did anyone notice the LOKI special posted on ROL?

https://rocketryonline.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=215&mode=&order=0&thold=0

This is not the Mach Madness challange, this is a great way to get into flying LOKI motors. Where the combo package states "case," I confirmed with Jeff Taylor last night, it is the complete motor!!

Minnie Magg on an I316 Spitfire, and a HyperLoc 835 on the J396 should put a smile on my face!

Tom

Nice. Interesting fin pattern.

Hmmmmm...
Do I see a Raptor on your "built" list?

Thanks. Yes I do have a Raptor. I am in the middle of rebuilding it. I decided to glass the tubes and also building a second booster with a 75mm motor mount. I may have it ready for RG but not sure.

Thanks man...

Ask Ben where I got the idea (LOL)

No Soup for you!!! ;)

Well, After calcing it and talking to Ken I think Mine will be a 4.5" PR tubing all fiberglass booster to an all fiberglass 4" sustainer. 1/4 scale :) That should be fun on 76mm to 54mm!!

Ben

Back