Specs for the Estes Gemini DC?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nxj

Reaction score
One of my favorite kits of all time was the Gemini DC and i want to do an up scale version of it.

I cant find the specs of the rocket anywhere. Not only that but i cant find anyone selling the kit still (even on ebay). Maybe im not looking hard enough?

What specs do you need? I have an unbuilt Gemini DC peeking at me from the cabinet...

I was reading through the upscale guys project. Im not looking to go that big, lol.

I need body tube size's, lengths and fin sizes. If you wana sell that unbuilt kit, send me a pm and we can talk ;)

That looks like a cool rocket to upscale. Would be a nice mid or HP flier. Good for clusters too.

The mega upscale project you are referring to is massive.

The original kit's recovery setup stinks. Mine and two others lawn darted, never seen one recover properly.

For deploy i was thinking one droge per side tube. Then after that i would pop the main out of the main tube.

Motors? Right now i cant make up my mind. 3-29mm? one 54mm? 38mm and a few 29's?

When i had my kit back then, i never had an issue with getting the chutes out. Once i only had one come out but the ground was nice and soft so all i had was a dirty nose cone (that sounds bad, lol)

The key with a drogue is to prevent the rocket from coming in ballistic. That's why nearly all drogues split the main body of the rocket. Having drogue(s) closer to the back of the rocket would be less effective.

If you go with a larger central engine mount and two or more outboards, that would give you the greatest flexibility. I did a 6" Sirius Rocketry Saturn V, and built it with a central 54mm and four 29mm outboards. Used the 54mm to get my L2, then flew a cluster afterwards.

Please do a build thread with pictures, as this will be very cool however you choose to build it.

Oh dont worry, i will. This will be my big winter project for me.

My thought with the rear ejection was that it would slow it down enough then pop the main at around 700 feet or so. With it being a scale project, i wanted to keep it sorta on scale with fuction too. Thats why i keep thinking about rear drogues. The only issue i can see with this method is the main getting tied up with the nose or drouges because its coming out facing down, not sideways.

Thanks for the rocksim file. My trial expired so im stuck with out it... lol

Latest posts

Back