Pem-Tech King Kraken is on the rampage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Well folks, here she is, after so many requests, so many questions, so much development, and so many threats of bodily harm, we give you the:

King Kraken!
Pronounced with a long A, and I don't care if that isn't the proper pronunciation it sounds better.
:p

KingKraken_DSC_4953sized700x466.jpg

Finally!!
Maybe the threatening letters and ticking packages will stop arriving from Australia, MO and TX now.
;)

KKH1806579small.jpg

For those of you who haven't been following this story here are the details.
The King Kraken is a 3" upscale of our BT-60 based ultra-cool sculpted tube fin rocket. Or was it the other way around?
I can't remember...

Anyway...
She is 41" long, 3" in diameter, weighs in at ~35 oz. with a fin span of over 9".

Tech. Specs.
Motor Mount - 38mm
Shock Cord - 10' of 9/16" tubular nylon
LOC Nose cone and Body tubes
Two 1/4" heavy duty centering rings
Laser cut Squidly Canards
Available with or without 30" chute
And a Destruction Manual big enough to choke a horse
But fear not, the only difficult part to this baby is cutting those lovely tube fins and she assembles just fine with plain ole' wood glue.

Suggested motors:
Road Runner F60 & G80,
AT F52, G64, G77, G80, H128, H180
Pro-38 1 grain G69 through a 3 grain I170 but no one has found her Max Motor, yet.
:D
We will leave that up to your intestinal fortitude.
Can't wait to see her fly on one of the new G Skidmarks.

Price:
With 30" chute - $99
W/o chute - $89

Shipments start tomorrow, gettem' while, they are hot!

Pem-Tech King Kraken

I think I just found what I want to get with birthday $$$ later on this month.:D

This would also be a good match for my AT 38/120 motor with a G61W or G67R load.;)

Looks like I'd better get kraken and get one of those...

Mark \\.

Finally found more flight pictures of the King Kraken.

These were taken at NSL2007, the motor is a G77R.

KrakenLiftoffNSL2007_DSC_4845CR.jpg

KrakenG77NSL2007_DSC_4846CR.jpg

KrakenNSL2007_DSC_4847CR.jpg

Maybe the threatening letters and ticking packages will stop arriving from Australia,

The one I sent wasn't ticking, but I am wondering if the courier remembered to light it before setting it down, ringing the doorbell and running away.. :flute:

I actually fondled my King Kraken during the week. The closest actual rocket club to me is this -> . <- far from being a TRA prefecture, so I'm planning my cert flights. You've still got me thinking about that J350. You know the old saying - If you love your Kraken, set it free. If it comes back you're Level 2. If it doesn't it's probably in orbit. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back