Sky of Gold is over!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Reaction score
The Sky of Gold celebration is rapidly coming to an end!

So far there are only about 600 Golden Scouts registered out of almost 1200 shipped. Of those, only 451 are listed as flown and many of them are missing a full name for the certificate and some are missing a Zip Code or complete address. These have to be cleaned up in order for us to mail a certificate.

Register now! If you forgot your password and enter an incorrect one, the correct password will be sent to the email address you entered.

In order to receive a certificate, your registration must be completed before Sunday night so the certificates and mailing labels can be printed. Only entries with a status of flown will get a certificate. I know some flew their Golden Scout in a month other than July because of burn bans, procrastination, etc. For those, just leave the date blank and the certificate will be printed without a date.

The notes field was originally only 255 characters long. It is now much larger. Update your notes to Vern and Gleda if you wish, with a (reasonably) longer message. Early next week, the database will be locked and all the notes will be printed into a book for the Estes’. They have been reading the messages all along and have been pleased with the results.

Recapping the registration fields:

Name (on the certificate) – This is the name that will appear on the certificate and the mailing label
Address – Exact street address or PO Box
City – check spelling
State – make sure it is correct and did not “roll” to an adjacent one
Zip - +9 if you know it, check it closely

YORF Name – optional
TRF Name – optional
Email – this is the only way we have to get in touch with you!
Password – something you pick to keep others from changing your profile later

Display name – how you want the rest of the world to see that you were here (can be blank)
Status – Now, the only important one is “Flown” if you want a certificate!
“Hoarded” is second most popular, but there is not a certificate now for hoarded.
Flight Date in July – 1-31 or blank, if you did not fly in July
Flight location – where you flew the Golden Scout or blank
Notes to Vern and Gleda – Reasonable in length (<1000 chars) message to them

There is only one shot at this. The postmark is already set for August 26, 2008 and it will require two weeks for printing, assembly, and transit to Penrose. We cannot be responsible if your data is left out or incorrect!

Thanks to all that participated in the Sky of Gold from all of us at SEMROC!

Carl,

Thanks for running the event, offering the kits, etc. It was good meeting you at NARAM.

-Dick

Yes, Thanks Carl!:D

A great tribute to a great rocket family. I enjoyed building mine as my first rocket (1972) was a Scout, but it's a bit smaller than I remembered it to be...:)

Absolutely!! "A Great Tribute", Thanks for the effort you and Sheryl put in to do this.

Aw man, I can't believe I missed out. :( Anyway, yes, it was a fantastic tribute! :D

Is Semroc going to stock a standard Scout kit? ;)

Aw man, I can't believe I missed out. :(

Aww come on... You can say "Sorry I chose not to participate", but "I can't believe I missed out"? You would have had to have your head under a rock for 6 months to have "missed out" on the event!

Thanks Carl! The whole thing was a blast and I think Vern and Gleda had fun with it too. You are truly one of the best things to happen to rocketry in a long time!

-Scott

Procrastination strikes again.:rolleyes: I kept saying that I would get one, but for some reason I just kept putting it off. Before I knew it, NARAM was here.

The postmark is already set for August 26, 2008

Excellent date choice, Carl! That's the anniversary of the first ICBM launch and a critical milestone to the launch of the first orbiting satellite.

Thanks very much for the Sky of Gold program. It's been a big success!

Register now! If you forgot your password and enter an incorrect one, the correct password will be sent to the email address you entered.

If your registered, log in and make sure you spelled your name correctly. If, like me, you entered your name and your wife's name, then log in and make sure you spelled both your name and your wife's name correctly.

If, like me, you discover that you did misspell your wife's name, you'll be very happy you logged in again to fix it! :)

-- Roger

Back