anyone build the new mongoose carbon fiber...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titan

Reaction score
performance rocketry kits yet?

looks like a great rocket, comes in 38-150 configuration

I'm putting tip to tip fiberglass on the fins on a 54mm version.

I think the real question is . . . has anyone actually flown one of these yet?

Yup, built it, flew it, crashed it..

2602659256_75b2200bec.jpg

2602661194_2ebc537618.jpg

Yup, built it, flew it, crashed it..

2602659256_75b2200bec.jpg

2602661194_2ebc537618.jpg

A man of few words--but your pictures speak volumes. Just curious--why did you have to dig such a huge hole to recover the body of the rocket--especially when the nosecone was on top of the ground? How deep did it go? Did you strike water?

Drogue failed to deploy, when the main did - it shredded and the nose cone tore off. I recovered my big red bee GPS because of that. Nose cone landed right near the rest of the rocket. This was in the black rock desert, and we didn't recover much of the rocket the rest of it is still out there in the desert. Ground was hard clay and it was hard to dig it all the way through.

Drogue failed to deploy, when the main did - it shredded and the nose cone tore off. I recovered my big red bee GPS because of that. Nose cone landed right near the rest of the rocket. This was in the black rock desert, and we didn't recover much of the rocket the rest of it is still out there in the desert. Ground was hard clay and it was hard to dig it all the way through.

Most unfortunate indeed...sorry for your loss. :(

Would you care to elaborate on what might have gone wrong at apogee?

What electronics did you use?

What type of deployment was implemented?

You might help other Mongoose owners avoid the same fate.

Wasn't there an un-boxing thread about this one?

Drogue didn't deploy most likely because of bad pressurization with the ejection charge made.

ARTS was used as electronics and triggered drogue and main e-matches correctly. Main deployed and zippered everything as it came down ballistic.

I built another one and flew it at BALLS on a K550 and then a research L1200 sucessfully. Pics to follow.

Most unfortunate indeed...sorry for your loss. :(

Would you care to elaborate on what might have gone wrong at apogee?

What electronics did you use?

What type of deployment was implemented?

You might help other Mongoose owners avoid the same fate.

Here's the pic of my second Mongoose 54. At BALLS on a research L1200 Alumaflame motor. Mach 1.6, 40Gs, 16k altitude.

2913193709_416ff925e3.jpg

Drogue didn't deploy most likely because of bad pressurization with the ejection charge made.

ARTS was used as electronics and triggered drogue and main e-matches correctly. Main deployed and zippered everything as it came down ballistic.

I built another one and flew it at BALLS on a K550 and then a research L1200 sucessfully. Pics to follow.

Back