Sheri's Saturn 1B at NARAM-50

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketcrab

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the proper place for this, so mods, feel free to move it........

Over the first weekend at NARAM-50, I saw a Saturn 1B from Sheri's Hot Rockets in the prep tent, but I did not get to see it fly. If the owner is on this forum, please tell us how it flew and on what motor. For that matter, if anyone else saw it fly, how did it do?

I watched it fly and I believe it flew on an H238. Deployment wasn't so smooth and there was damage on landing. Repairable but it will never look the same. I can't speak to why it was damaged. I'll let the owner talk to that.

The rocket looked good going up hill and flew to a good altitude on the H238 (not guessing how high). In my opinion, it needs a H to get safely airborne due to the weight. I finished the Atlas and am well on my way to building the Saturn V. The Atlas turned out a little heavy and it looks like the Saturn V will also. Hope to finally fly the Atlas at Red Glare.

Was the Atlas that I also saw at NARAM yours? My son got some nice photos of it. The Atlas is next on my list, after I finally get around to guilding the Saturn 1B thats been in my basement for about a year! :rolleyes:

Interesting comment on the Saturn 1B flight. I picked up a RoadRunner G80-4 at NARAM just for it, now I'm not so sure.

Was the Atlas that I also saw at NARAM yours? My son got some nice photos of it. .

Yes, that was mine. Builds into a nice looking rocket. I will fly it on an H at Red Glare. The only problem with a G80 is the delay. I don't know how the RR G-80s compare to the new AT G80, but I wouldn't fly my Atlas on the AT because the delay was too long. The Atlas probably wouldn't go more than 300-350 ft on a new AT G80. Thats ok because I like to see my rockets fly, but the delay is 10 sec....... The Atlas would be down on the ground by then....:(

Jerry

Yes, that was mine. Builds into a nice looking rocket. I will fly it on an H at Red Glare. The only problem with a G80 is the delay. I don't know how the RR G-80s compare to the new AT G80, but I wouldn't fly my Atlas on the AT because the delay was too long. The Atlas probably wouldn't go more than 300-350 ft on a new AT G80. Thats ok because I like to see my rockets fly, but the delay is 10 sec....... The Atlas would be down on the ground by then....:(

Jerry
Hey Jerry, FYI, the single use G77-4 works great the video on my site was using that one.

Back