Flight Incident mentioned in Tripoli magazine report

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Necromancer

Reaction score
Just received my Tripoli report magazine and it has an extensive article on a flight incident that occured last year . . . however, no details are mentioned.

Is this the flight, in a galaxy far far away, that i'm thinking of ? ? ?

Mark, I believe it has something to do with a very big Star Wars X-Wing Fighter flight that went awry.

Just received my Tripoli report magazine and it has an extensive article on a flight incident that occured last year . . . however, no details are mentioned.

Interesting. An extensive article with few details. I'd like to read that one just to see how they combined those two things.

Without trying to bash anyone, can you say if the article was being critical of the builders for attempting this project? I must say, it sure looked like a fun thing to work on, and it looked like a lot of kids had a blast sitting in the cockpit.....BEFORE the launch. It certainly brought a smile to *my* face (I wish I could have helped).

Was this the plaster blaster one, if so why cant anybody remember?

Interesting. An extensive article with few details. I'd like to read that one just to see how they combined those two things.

Few details meaning no specific information was given regarding names, places, events, etc... Mostly some generalized information and the aftermath and damage control that occured afterwards and a general summary.

No details regarding the actual flight etc...

Was this the plaster blaster one, if so why cant anybody remember?

Probably because those who remember are tired of seeing the folks who were at the center of it get beat up in public forums. It was an unfortunate series of events that led to bad feelings in many quarters including the departure of a really great guy from high end rocketry.

Probably because those who remember are tired of seeing the folks who were at the center of it get beat up in public forums. It was an unfortunate series of events that led to bad feelings in many quarters including the departure of a really great guy from high end rocketry.

Exactly.

It's an OLD topic. Sorry if you're behind the times, but it really doesn't need to be continuously re-hashed any more. It's been beaten on and beaten on and, well, beaten on enough. Lets all move on already.

It's an OLD topic. Sorry if you're behind the times, but it really doesn't need to be continuously re-hashed any more. It's been beaten on and beaten on and, well, beaten on enough. Lets all move on already.

Don't look at us. Look at TRA who published that full spread article in the newsletter i just got in the mail two days ago. Probably only a handful of people read this forum, but that article is sent to all TRA members.

Sure, it may be old to some, but you can't blame us for being curious, especially when an article like this gets posted. Its only human nature.

I think the wings ripped off and caused it to become unstable.

Is this some sort of Groundhog day?
First we get the Top Gear shuttle (over a year old) and then the X-Wing again. Is there nothing new happening in rocketry these days?

Don't look at us. Look at TRA who published that full spread article in the newsletter i just got in the mail two days ago. Probably only a handful of people read this forum, but that article is sent to all TRA members.

Sure, it may be old to some, but you can't blame us for being curious, especially when an article like this gets posted. Its only human nature.

Eh, that's fine, it just sounded like someone wanted to bring the story up again so the same people could continue to get kicked and raked over the coals for it.

The mailed version of the TRA report hardly consists of the latest breaking news, especially considering that it's published what, once or twice a year? If you want to stay up to date, perhaps consider joining the TRA mailing list and get the e-mailed updates.

Back