Whats Sizzlin on The grill

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Well we are in the thick of BBQ season up here so whats everybody throwing on the charcoal? I like marinated ribeye myself but whats everybody doing?
Cheers
fred

Tonight it was just burgers, but some of my favs are:

beef fajitas (with my personal marinade)
while I'm cooking the beef, might as well cook some chicken too
chicken breasts stuffed with jalapeno cheese, bacon, and mild pepper; and sprinkled with chili poser and garlic salt
can do this with shrimp
lamb chops with Claude's BBQ sauce (good on most anything)
hot Italian sausages
steak (most any kind) with a variety of seasonings and/or marinades
(sesame oil rules)

I'm sure there's more :eating:

Tonight was burgers for me too. Tomorrow will be ribeye steaks. This weekend I'll make Garlic Grilled Chicken

3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
6 tablespoons Cajun Power Garlic Sauce
4 teaspoons seasoned salt
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons Tabasco
1 cup olive oil
8 skinless chicken breasts

Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend at medium speed. Slowly add olive oil until all is incorporated. Marinate chicken in mixture at least 2 hours. Grill chicken, preferably over hardwood, for 5 to 6 minutes per side, depending on size of chicken.

Been lots of steak! The favorite has been bacon wrapped filet mignon with mushroom and bourbon cream sauce.

Carne Asada and Rib-eyes too! Oh, and grilled shrim.. Matter of fact, Rib Eye and Grilled Shrimp is on the menu for Sunday night!

Brisket,
Ribs,
Pulled pork,
Ribs,
Beer Can Chicken,
Ribs,
Oysters,
Oh and RIBS!!:pirate::D

I just caught the C.H.A.A.F.D (Casings/HPR/APCP/Altimeters/Fiberglass/Dual Deploy) bug, so 69 cent hotdogs on the grill it is. Although that makes me the best cook ever with my 4 year old.

Man it all sounds good to me :) I really enjoy the sitting in the backyard cooking thing. Seems to take longer then a stove but hunger is the best sauce someone said. Don that recipe of yours looks very tempting. I;m think I will have to give it a whirl :)
Cheers
fred

I came across this a while ago..
A good freind, Also an excellent BBQ Chef, decided to try it..

Pineapple rings with a sprinkling of Cinnnamon.
Serve with a scopp of vanilla ice cream!

Dee-licious!!

Oh, burgers, dog, steak, whatever.. Don't do much BBQ-ing

I got a BBQ book for my birthday last year that has a lot of recipes for different meat rubs and I've been playing around with those. They really add a lot of variety beyond the usual sauces.

I work with someone who would say, "If it walks, crawls, runs, or swims it a canidate for the grill!.":surprised:

I love to run the smoker ALL day!! Relax and look forward to the good eats. Recently did Pork shoulder roast, rubbed and smoke on the 4th of July. Ummm! Family likes BBQ sauce on it I prefer yellow mustard!

I am in the mood to smoke a Turkey! That sounds good!

Need Fresh Sweet Corn to come into season too!

Our company BBQ is this Saturday. We have it at my parents place. Company lays on the drinks and meat and everybody brings their partners and a desert. We'll be having pork (in various marinades) and lamb chops, chicken, sausages, burgers and whatever anyone else brings. All followed by a game of cricket on the worlds steepest cricket pitch! If it doesn't rain...

Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon, grilled until the bacon's done.

Yummy!

Some of my favorite things are:

- Terriyaki chicken breast served with rice pilaf and pineapple rings
- Boneless pork chops brushed with olive oil
- Johnsonville brats served with sauerkraut and potatoes

Dang, this is making me hungry!

Jeff

I work with someone who would say, "If it walks, crawls, runs, or swims it a canidate for the grill!.":surprised:

I love to run the smoker ALL day!! Relax and look forward to the good eats. Recently did Pork shoulder roast, rubbed and smoke on the 4th of July. Ummm! Family likes BBQ sauce on it I prefer yellow mustard!

I am in the mood to smoke a Turkey! That sounds good!

Need Fresh Sweet Corn to come into season too!

My wife and I smoke turkeys several times through out the year. We stuff the bird with 6 or 7 bulbs of garlic. Yep, the whole bulb. Separated of course. Powder it inside and out with salt/pepper and garlic powder. Place it upside down in the smoker and let 'er cook for about 8-10 hours. YUMMY!!!

Dang it!! Now I need a snack!!

Hot dogs ... especially C6-3 powered ones:

2008-07-10-12-27-39-120.JPG

Okay ... that's not me. That's Chris, who has professionally built model rockets (and appeared on the original "Gong Show"), but now creates flying food.

-- Roger​

I have been grilling hamburgers and brats all spring and summer. I have also barbecued pork shoulder and ribs. I love slow cooked food. Takes a lot of work but it is worth it. This year I did my pork shoulder (ie pulled pork) differently and it turned out to be the second best bbq'd pork shoulder I have ever had. The best coming from a restaurant in St Louis (can't remember the name).

Hmmmm tasty thread!

I do exclusively low and slow smoking on the grill.

4th of July weekend I did a Boston butt shoulder, a small brisket, two racks of ribs, and two bullets of bologna. Just about everything disappeared.

Edited to add: Also did some "pork candy". Take thick cut bacon or as I did there's a strip of meat on the back side of St. Louis cut ribs. Take the meat and lightly apply your favorite rub, then take turbinado sugar and press it into the flesh until it won't hold any more. Place the meat on the cooler end of your smoker for a couple of hours. Makes a great snack while you're cooking the other stuff that takes more time.

Occasionally, I throw some of Tyson's pre-cooked, frozen, Buffalo-style wings on the grill. Cooking on a grill isn't recommended on the packaging (and it leaves quite a mess on the grill), but they are delicious.

-- Roger

When I'm on a budget and crave some flame cooked meat I go for Bubba burgers or Ball Park all-beef franks with some Bud Light. When there is some spare change and I can afford it I got for the ribeye medium with a salt-pepper and butter seasoning and I open a bottle of Sonoma County or Napa Valley cabernet savignon. Yummy.

Brats, ribs, and burgers are standard fare at our house.

Dogs for the kids; small ones like Chihuauas. ;)

Buffalo steaks mmmmmmm......:D

Tonite? Whatever the nephews catch today on the fision boat.

Tonight it's corn on the cob and steak.

Open the corn, pull the hair out, and close the husks back. Soak in salt water for several hours to a day. Put on grill, turn every 5 min. When all the outer husks are burned black, it's done!+

If you have enough people eating corn, fill a coffee can half full of water and drop in a stick of butter or two. Set this on the edge of the grill so the butter melts. Just dip the corn in the can to butter it quick and easy.

The steak, ya all know how to do that already.

Burgers, Dogs, and Chicken mostly. Gas At 4.00 bucks a gallon shoots down the porter house steaks.:cry: But if we did do the Porterhouse it would be marinated with a lot of teriakki sauce. A few ice cold Bass or Red Stripe beers are nice too.

Anybody ever do fish? Also what would you folks consider the oddest food you have ever done on the Q?
Cheers
fred

Back