• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for Estes OOP balsa nose cones, mini booster engines

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nchronister

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'd like to get some Estes items that are out of production. If you have any of these items and would like to sell them, please let me know.

* Balsa nose cone, BNC-50K (short, pointed ogive, used in alpha)
* Balsa nose cone, BNC-50Y (longer, pointed ogive)
* A3-0T mini-size booster engines (individual or 4-pack)

I already tried BMS for the nose cones, but I didn't have good luck with that. Thanks for your help or any suggestions.

Nathan

Hi guys,

I'd like to get some Estes items that are out of production. If you have any of these items and would like to sell them, please let me know.

* Balsa nose cone, BNC-50K (short, pointed ogive, used in alpha)
* Balsa nose cone, BNC-50Y (longer, pointed ogive)
* A3-0T mini-size booster engines (individual or 4-pack)

I already tried BMS for the nose cones, but I didn't have good luck with that. Thanks for your help or any suggestions.

Nathan

SEMROC

BNC-50K

BNC-50KP if you like the Alpha III shape.

BNC-50Y

BTW, BMS does have the BNC-50K also. I have several. The tips are slightly rounded instead of the pointed tip that SEMROC has.

Semroc, Sandman and BMS for all your nosecone needs.

Check with Red Arrow Hobbies for booster mini engines.

I haven't tried Semroc for the BNC-50K, but I have gotten a couple of that cone from BMS. It is NOT the same as the original Estes cone (I do have one left, but it's spoken for). To convert a BMS cone, lengthen the cone by an eighth of an inch (I wrapped paper around the shoulder at the base of the cone until it matched the diameter of the cone, then used Fill-N-Finish to smooth it out. Also, you need to sand the tip into a point - the BMS cone is rounded but the original Estes cone was pointed. The result is nearly perfect. Next time I order from Semroc, I'm going to try their cone to see how it matches up.

As for the A3-0T motors, Red Arrow (https://redarrowhobbies.com/index.html) listed them not long ago - might be worth a call. Launch Pad 2000 lists A10-0T motors:

https://www.launchpad2000.com/modrocen-miniengines1.html

Back