Fade to Black Rocket Works back in action soon.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastfreddie

Reaction score
It's almost the 4th of July and FTB will be back in production soon.

I'll be uploading the newly revamped website this weekend, should be easier to navigate on it and find what you need.

I'll also be releasing a new style pad, and making some cool changes to the Thunder and Lightning pads as well. Check in next week for more info!

I'd like to say a big thank you to all the folks who've ordered pads and equipment in the past year, you've helped to put us on the map. In fact, I have a bunch of pre-orders stacking up right now, so the wait time for the bigger pads is going to stretch out over the next couple of months. But hey, I'm not complaining! I'll be getting a helper to expidite orders, so as to keep the wait to a minimum.

Thanks again folks!!!

I for one want to encourage every club (or even individual flyers) looking for a pad to consider Fade to Black pads. CATO is now the proud possessor of 5 of Fred's large folding pads. We find them easy to use and one heck of a bargain. The survived NERRF 4 without even breaking a sweat and the comments I heard were nothing but positive.

Yes there are bigger, beefier, more precision, whatever pads out there, However in the bang for buck category FTB is real hard to beat. I would call him a worthy successor to Yellowjacket.

Oh yeah, go for the mast extension as it puts the igniters at a comfortable height to work from and by all means by the knob and clip upgrades for almost criminally easy use.

Fred, will you come out with a 1515 rail pad? Something a little more beefy than the thunder pad?

Ben

I for one want to encourage every club (or even individual flyers) looking for a pad to consider Fade to Black pads. CATO is now the proud possessor of 5 of Fred's large folding pads. We find them easy to use and one heck of a bargain. The survived NERRF 4 without even breaking a sweat and the comments I heard were nothing but positive.

Yes there are bigger, beefier, more precision, whatever pads out there, However in the bang for buck category FTB is real hard to beat. I would call him a worthy successor to Yellowjacket.

Oh yeah, go for the mast extension as it puts the igniters at a comfortable height to work from and by all means by the knob and clip upgrades for almost criminally easy use.

Thanks for the kind words Al! You guys are some of my best customers. :D I'm glad NERFF went off well, sounds like it was a great time.

Keep 'em flyin'!

Fred, will you come out with a 1515 rail pad? Something a little more beefy than the thunder pad?

Ben

It would be very easy to do, I could just upgrade the steel to the next size larger. By using the 1-1/4" instead of 1" for the mast assembly as well as the legs, it would add a good measure of "beefiness" to the assembly, and wouldn't add a whole lot to the price, maybe $20 - $30. It would also allow me to set it up to accept a 1" rod or rail standoff. You might want to look at the new pad too, it'll be on the updated site in the next day or two.

Thanks!

It would be very easy to do, I could just upgrade the steel to the next size larger. By using the 1-1/4" instead of 1" for the mast assembly as well as the legs, it would add a good measure of "beefiness" to the assembly, and wouldn't add a whole lot to the price, maybe $20 - $30. It would also allow me to set it up to accept a 1" rod or rail standoff. You might want to look at the new pad too, it'll be on the updated site in the next day or two.

Thanks!

Ok, the reason I ask is VAST is a club that could benefit from beefier pads in 1515 and some 1010 because they have one of your pads and its very nice and are looking at getting another or 2 I believe. I wouldn't mind donating some to the pad fund since your pads are awesome!!

Ben

Good news indeed. I am just itching to order a POD launch controller! Please post on this forum when you are ready to take orders again.

Ok, the reason I ask is VAST is a club that could benefit from beefier pads in 1515 and some 1010 because they have one of your pads and its very nice and are looking at getting another or 2 I believe. I wouldn't mind donating some to the pad fund since your pads are awesome!!

Ben

Thanks!!! :D

Good news indeed. I am just itching to order a POD launch controller! Please post on this forum when you are ready to take orders again.

OK, the sites up and ready, so you can order. I have one POD in stock ready to ship.

Let me know how you feel about the new setup on the site, any suggestions are certainly welcome.

Thanks!

OK, the sites up and ready, so you can order. I have one POD in stock ready to ship.

Let me know how you feel about the new setup on the site, any suggestions are certainly welcome.

Thanks!

Hate it. You just lost my business.

Ben

Thanks!

Ok just messing with you. One thing I would do. Setup the menu at the top. That is one pet peave of mine. A menu that you have to scroll to or look around for. Just copy the HTML and set it up at the top.

Ben

I like the new Concept. Are you going to be offering a larger version

Thats what my inquiry was. He said above something about a 1515 pad or maybe even a small unistrut. I know I am game!!

Ben

Yes, I am. It will be available in the Heavy version as well. I'm also going to make an extreme version of the three steel pads with a heavier mast assembly that will be acceptable for the 1515 rail or 1" rod.

One other item of interest, I may be doing a small design change to the legs. Instead of laying flat as they do now, I'm experimenting with an angled leg that will raise the base of the pad off the ground a good bit. This would probably only apply to the Thunder and Concept pads though, the fold up legs on the Lightning may not allow for an angle.

Stay tuned!

Latest posts

Back