New High-Speed Videos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I've created a couple of new high-speed videos using the Casio EX-F1 camera. The camera records high-spedd videos at 300 to 1200 frames per second.

The first video was recorded at the June ROCK launch:

https://www.payloadbay.com/video-7933.html

Once again, I managed to catch a motor failing during a boost glider launch. This time, fortunately, the glider wasn't seriously damaged when the D12-3's nozzle failed.

The second video is from the June NEFAR launch:

https://www.payloadbay.com/video-7932.html

This video begins with a couple of Thors - one big and the other little and ends with the static test of a rocket motor.

I'm still learning how to best use the EX-F1 for rocket launches. But, I'm pleased with the results. A disadvantage of the camera is that it is hard to follow a rocket in the camera's view finder - and you can't adjust the zoom while recording. Also, once you stop recording, there's a several-second delay while the camera saves the video to the memory card. So, it's easiest to leave the camera on a tripod to catch just the lift-off. And advantage to that, however, is that I can start the recording then watch the flight in person rather than through the little view finder.

-- Roger

I love high speed recording, thanks for the videos.

Now, do you have a .30-06 and some water melons? :D

Wow, that was amazing !

Roger, you have definitely taken
your camera work to another level,
or should I say dimension !

Fantastic video !

Nice videos. I love the one with the Mars Lander. I'd like to see a high speed vid of a Warp 9.:D

I love high speed recording, thanks for the videos.

Now, do you have a .30-06 and some water melons? :D

No ... but although there are already dozens of slow-motion "popping a water ballon" videos on YouTube, it's something I'm probably going to do for myself. Of course, if I had these young women assisting me, I might not focus on the balloon. :)

-- Roger

Back