Orion PA-1 Slow Motion Video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Looks like one heck of a ride!

If you're among a group of astronauts taking that ride you will be thankfull it's there.

You will also be dissapointed when you realize that your mission has just ended early!:(

If you're among a group of astronauts taking that ride you will be thankfull it's there.

You will also be dissapointed when you realize that your mission has just ended early!:(

What is to keep the crew from cooking inside that capsule while those motors fire ahead of it?

What is to keep the crew from cooking inside that capsule while those motors fire ahead of it?

Same thing that would have protected an Apollo crew ... the spacecraft, and the fairing between it and the plume. Remember the spacecraft is designed to survive re-entry, so it has a thermal protection system of its own.

Hey Gordy, have you started work on an Orion Pad Abort model? :)

I had a nice talk with the LM news liazon officer and sent her a request via email.

That was two days ago so I should hear from her soon...I hope.;)

Let me see if I can get this to work before we start talking kits. But I think it's doable.

Back