pulled the answering crictical mails....thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
'Nuff said. If you don't like what's on a free paper model, don't build it. Or edit the file and then build it. Keep the personal stuff off-forum.

This is more a public apology than a soapbox statement on proper Internet use. I will keep it in the first person, not knowing if it makes any sense to anyone else.

I am sorry I reported a post written by a buddy. I am most sorry to loose his trust as I value his friendship. Secondly, I am sorry to report a thread that has so much valuable information or discussion when I differ with one sentence or one statement made in an entire conversation.

I felt my opinion was the right one and I acted without consulting a friend. I now see how self-important that action looks. It is one thing to report a thread and say to a mod, “Did you see this discussion?” It is another thing to report a thread and say, “Hey I had a private conversation with this guy and I think this thread will go downhill.” If I have a private conversation, it should stay private and continue to work with that person alone, in this case offline.

I hate confrontation. Maybe that is why the “Report Post” button is so seductive. I must learn to confront people about topics or conversations I do not agree with and not slink around in the background. This applies to the Internet and the real world.

I guess it is the principal of conversing with friends and online hobbyist and relating experiences and ideas without saying “Hey, you are wrong and I am right.”

OK, this is starting to sound like a soapbox speech so I will end now.

Respectfully,

Michael J. O’Malley

The general subject of that post has been discussed several times before and has resulted in the thread being pulled. That's the way the subject thread here was going, hence my action. And, for the record, it's not that I disagree with most of what the original poster said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back