New Site! www.NevadaRocketClub.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.Andy.

Reaction score
Ok this is a club link, but the main goal of NevadaRocketClub.com is education! We want to educate rocketeers so everyone can enjoy rocketry! We plan on adding lots of video as we approach summer here. Site is set to go live on May 11, 2008. Take a look and enjoy. www.NevadaRocketClub.com - Where you become a rocket scientist!

Andrew
President, Founder, Webmaster, Editor of Nevada Rocket Club

Site looks good. Except for one thing.

Get rid of those ads. They're annoying. And they're everywhere.

it's a good start but the adbrite ads make the pages take forever to load for me first time around
the average web surfer will wait 8 seconds for a page to load than move on , so the ads are not going to have much impact.
plus they almost take up as much space as the actual content.

more than three ads per page is a bit much,
and you gotta learn CSS positioning, as the ads are overlapping other content, probably because you've got the ads marked up as relative to the wrong containers. Or the containers themselves are positioned wrong.

Looks like it's well on its way to being a pretty cool site. Congrats Andy. :beer:

Thanks for all the replies.
For the ads... I'm a poor college student and need some source to pay for hosting.
They are all over the place using Internet Explorer, if one uses firefox or opera they appear in the correct place.
But once again I thank everyone that visits the site and the suggestions and I will be continually be improving and updating the site.

Thanks!
Andrew

Back