Hobby Line Reload Cases

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Race58

Reaction score
Anybody been finding any good prices on RMS reload cases (Hobby Line 18-29MM) lately??

Discount Rocketry has the RouseTech 29/40-120 complete motor for $45, but it's out of stock. HobbyLinc has the AT one for $54; it's $44 at Impulse Buys.

I just ordered one from BRShobbies.com for $44. I ordered it on a Saturday and it was here by monday.

https://www.redarrowhobbies.com/rouse-tech.htm

RouseTech [FONT=century gothic, arial, helvetica]3 MOTOR SET 18mm 24mm 29mm [/FONT][FONT=century gothic, arial, helvetica]$112.95<!--mstheme-->[/FONT] <input name="cmd" value="_cart" type="hidden"><input name="business" value="[email protected]" type="hidden"><input name="item_name" value="3 MOTOR SET 18mm 24mm 29mm" type="hidden"><input name="item_number" value="RST91849" type="hidden"><input name="amount" value="112.95" type="hidden"><input name="cn" value="Comments (Optional)" type="hidden"> <input name="currency_code" value="USD" type="hidden">

Also take a look at Omega High Power--they have some great prices on the hobby line. I recently bought all three, but I am finding the 24/40 and 29/40-120 cases to be the big winners of the trio. The 18mm version is hard to load (small) and zooms the Estes style kits to rather high altitudes. The MMT on my Big Bertha mushroomed the motor tube where the RMS case rested/thrusted on it. YMMV...

The 18mm version is hard to load (small) and zooms the Estes style kits to rather high altitudes. The MMT on my Big Bertha mushroomed the motor tube where the RMS case rested/thrusted on it. YMMV...

I beg to differ. IMO, the 18mm version is the easiest to load because of the smaller number of parts. The fit of the parts bother me more than the sizes of the parts. That can be taken car of by peeling a layer of paper off. And about the mushrooming of the Big Bertha, you can fix it by soaking the end with CA. It'll strengthen and stiffen it. On future builds where you plan to use RMS motors, put the aft centering ring flush with the end of the motor tube. That way, the aft closure on the RMS case won't be able to crush the tube.

IMHO the RMS 18 is THE motor to use in virtually all flights of a Mars Lander.
An Estes C6 always results in a marginal flight in anything but totally calm winds.
Since the demise of the Estes C5-3, the only motors worth flying a Mars Lander on are 18mm APCP in both SU and RMS, WL & BT flavors.

The old Cox 18mm BP SU D8-3 was great in "heavy/draggy" 18mm rockets too, but those have been OOP for over 30yrs.

Back