Just Found a Cool Minuteman III Video.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEY! Its like a cross between Hungarian strip bar music , and an Air Force recruiting/Promotional video!
Maybe they have something there! ;):D
All they need is some chick dancing around in a camoflage bikini to the music, and it'll be complete! :kill:
I LOVE IT! OOOH-RAAHHH!

AX'E :thrasher:

HEY! Its like a cross between Hungarian strip bar music , and an Air Force recruiting/Promotional video!
All they need is some chick dancing around in a camoflage bikini to the music, and it'll be complete! :kill:
I LOVE IT! OOOH-RAAHHH!

I LOVE IT! OOOH-RAAHHH!

31939.jpg

she ain't dancing! ...darn good effort though!-darn good! :)

Any comments relevant to the video?

How about the segment of the video between 6:00 and 6:15. That's scary accurate. Had those items been 350 kt W-78 devices I don't think you could have hardened a site to withstand the effects.

John

How about the segment of the video between 6:00 and 6:15. That's scary accurate. Had those items been 350 kt W-78 devices I don't think you could have hardened a site to withstand the effects.

John

I think the best counterforce weapon would have been the Pershing 2 missile with the w 86 warhead. CEP of 30M and the ability to burrow 25 stories underground combined with flight times of less then 10 minutes would have pulled hardened facilities out of the ground like rotten teeth. Most estimates I have seen for Minuteman 3 were 120 meters. A lot of hardenned facilities were designed to withstand ground bursts in the megaton range. For example the Federal governments bunker at CFS Carp was designed to withstand a 5 megaton burst 1.1 miles away. Now if you fire twenty or 30 warheads at the target well CEP counts for less :)
The video was very interesting but frankly the music was not to my taste.
Cheers
Fred

While I would avoid any of the experiences, a 5 MT device at 1.1 miles would have a lower blast over pressure than a 80kt W85 at 30m or a 350 kt W78 at 120m. The W86 was designed, but never produced. I agree that it would be the most difficult to withstand due to the ground penetrating design.

While I would avoid any of the experiences, a 5 MT device at 1.1 miles would have a lower blast over pressure than a 80kt W85 at 30m or a 350 kt W78 at 120m. The W86 was designed, but never produced. I agree that it would be the most difficult to withstand due to the ground penetrating design.

Avoiding is a very good idea :)
Cheers
fred

Back