Anyone know CG on Applewhite 13mm Six

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hounddawgracing

Reaction score
Kinda have the day off and wanted to finish up a 13mm Six. In adding 5min epoxy to the nose per instructions, I think I used too much. CG is right at the front of the launch lug with a A10-3T installed. It seems pretty heavy to me but don't have a scale to measure weight. I sent Art a PM but don't know how often he visits this site.

That should be ok. I've launched/lost many of these. The extra nose weight may just keep it from going into the stratosphere.

Based on Bruce Levison's results on the effect of base drag and the results published on Art's site, I would be surprised if any nose weight were actually needed. The extra weight certainly won't hurt.

Thanks fellas....I took to painting it and messed it up by masking too soon between coats. No fixing for this one. I'll just fly the sucker and build another one if I like it.

One other suggestion that I might add for building paper rockets...
Go out and buy some modeling clay. Press a small bead into the nose cone instead of epoxy. You can easily adjust this if you have too much.

I've got clay. The epoxy is per the instructions which is why I used it. Just wanted to keep Art off my back since I used regular paper plates for my saucer instead of the Solo self locking plates he suggests :p

Back