PRAYERS NEEDED FOR FELLOW ROCKETEER

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockosrocket

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We have a fellow rocketeer in need of all your prayers. He is in ICU right now in Calgary Foothills hospital with a grim prognosis. His name is Ted Fewer.
I was with him when the accident happened. We were launching rockets when his got stuck in a power line. We thought we shouldn't even try to retrieve it but he was addament about getting his most beloved rocket back and felt he wanted to give it a try. So we grabbed a ladder, leaned it against the pole and he climbed on up with a launch rod to poke it down. We didn't realize his shock cord could conduct electricity and we were both hit with something like 10,000VAC. I was lucky enough to be the one on the ground holding the ladder and only came out with an exit wound on my foot. Unfortunately, he wasn't so lucky and got the full brunt of electricity and fell from the ladder 25' to the ground.
I know this is a prime example of what not to do but that is not what matters right now. What matters is that we give him all of our prayers and support and maybe he will pull through.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Glad you got off lightly. Very sorry to hear about Ted! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a favorable outcome.
Best wishes,
Will

My gosh ,that`s most terrible news.I will keep him in my thoughts.

Most sincerely;

Paul T

My sincere prayers are with Ted and his loved ones.

Thanks for letting us know.

Lisa

I feel I should mention he is an active member of this forum under the username dedleytedley.

What matters is that we give him all of our prayers and support I maybe he will pull through.

Yes, power line injuries are extremely serious.

I pray that both of you have a full recovery, and that Ted's sets new records for recovery time!

-Kevin

This is terrible. Ted is a father as well as a rocket enthusiast with young children. I received a PM from him yesterday on how much he was looking forward to taking his kids to a big launch. My prayers will be with him and his family.

OMG, no!

I m so sorry to hear this.

My prayers.

Last edited:
That is indeed terrible news. If you can, let him know that we're all praying he'll pull through this.

I first meet Ted last fall, and he and his two children had just joined the Calgary club this year. He is a very enthusiastic modeler, and news if his accident today has been devastating. My prayers are with him and his family. With hope for a speedy recovery.

This is terrible news. I sincerely hope that he comes out of this with a complete recovery.

If you can, let him know that we're all praying he'll pull through this.

I will be with him at the hospital throughout the coming ordeal and will let him know that you are all praying for him. Thank you so much for all of your support. Please keep the prayers coming.

Prayers and "positive waves" incoming his 10-20!

KEEP US INFORMED!

Evil Ed

Best wishes from here as well. I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Definitely positive vibes, good juju, and plenty of prayer going that direction! Corresponded with Ted a few times on common interests and projects that we both seemed to work on!

Get better fast Ted!

God bless him... prayers sent...

At the kinds of voltages even these rural feeder lines have, virtually ANYTHING will conduct electricity to some extent. You don't even have to make contact-- just getting close enough for the arc to jump is all it takes.

We farmers have to be careful of low-hanging power lines, because tall equipment like combines, cotton pickers, auger wagons, and grain augers that stick up high can easily come into contact with power lines.

VERY serious stuff.

We pray for his recovery and for his family... OL JR

Back