Red and White V2 question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Race58

Reaction score
Does anybody know if this color scheme was ever flown and if so where and why was it painted this way.
I can't read German and so the captions don't help me.
All I've ever seen is the typical Black & White/Black & Yellow/ and Camo themes . I also have seen Olive green with Blk&Wht fins and all Olive green but never this one.

pc10.jpg

Where does the picture come from? I think the text might be Dutch rather than German.

I think you are right. It is a postcard and I found it here on this site for Post War V2's under postcards, trade card #10. (A lot of great info on this site). :D
It states that there is German writing on the back but a friend of mine believes that it is Dutch also.
Where does the picture come from? I think the text might be Dutch rather than German.

If it does exist,It would most likely be post war soviet union

I tried an online translation program and all I can come up with the word "Astronautics" on top, the second line says something like "pulse of technique" and the bottom translates to "strength of repair":dontknow::confused:

I'm not so sure that Gantry looks alot like the ones they used at white Sands Testing grounds.

https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/aviation/whi.htm

https://www.nps.gov/history/history/online_books/butowsky4/space25p.htm#2

Looks alot like Launch Comlpex 33 at White Sands.

I also spotted that right away ,I've just never heard of a red finned postwar V2, yet it's very possible one existed

russia siezed several ,japan aquired 12 v2's so red fins is very possible

Try looking up "Project Paper Clip". It's the US post war V-2 program. They launched a couple hundred of these things by the sounds of it. Each one had to be assembled on site because none of the captured V-2's were shipped State side intact. So it seems a fair assumption that they would make them more visible for in flight tracking by using brighter colours. I'm sure there must be a picture archive somewhere of thier inventory or even of test/evaluation launches. Most are probably not in colour so you'll have to make a best guess from old photos. Good luck.

I tried an online translation program and all I can come up with the word "Astronautics" on top, the second line says something like "pulse of technique" and the bottom translates to "strength of repair":dontknow::confused:

The text is definitely NOT German, I agree that it is probably Dutch. That said, the two are sometimes similar. Tecnick in German is normally translated more as "technology" than "technique." I'm guessing here but it looks to be a play on words like "The Thrust of Technology." Some of our European folks may know enough Dutch to do better.

went back thru several V-2 histories and came up with nothing close to your painting.
My guess is it's just that, and artist's minds eye view, rather then something that actually flew.
Closes thing I could find in V2 varients is of coarse the Canadian X-price Arrow;)

Back