Altimeter choices?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hilltopper

Reaction score
I am looking at going dual deploy to get ready for a level 2 cert some time in the future. With that I have looked at the various altimeters that are around what are the pros and cons of some of the more popular ones.

I love the Perfectflite MAWD. It is does the job for dual deploy and gives you an altitude plot as a bonus.

firestormmawddata.sized.jpg

Greg

I also like the Perfectflite stuff. The MAWD is a great choice, and very reliable in my experience. They also have the HA45K which is slightly less expensive, but doesn't have any flight recording. Again, a real sound choice in my opinion.

Upper end is the Ozark ARTS2, which is very popular. Comes with a bunch more data logging, telemetry, and programmable channels for flight events. It can also be mated with Ozark's GPS unit. One con might be the price at nearly twice the cost of a Perfectflite. But a completely different level of flight computer, too.

There are many other...I just don't have any experience with those. I own three PF alts, and an ARTS2.

Latest posts

Back