Roachwerks Nike Hercules & Nike Ajax Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing Gus, just amazing. You did justice to Sandman's kit. :)

Ben

Looks like I'll be boxing up more kits this weekend!:D

Not complaining! Really!

Looks like I'll be boxing up more kits this weekend!:D

Not complaining! Really!

Either your so fast and good its scary, or you like rockets too much. I am not sure how you make ANY money from these kits. They just seem like they are so nicely done. My hat off to you. I am going to try my hand with a 4" Pine nosecone for my 38mm Deuce. You might get a call :p

Ben

Any 24 mm coming out? It would go great with my Nike Hercules awaiting paint...

Actually, I meant the other way around...any Herc's coming out to go with the Ajax kit I have awaiting paint? (I have the TLP kit).

Phew, someday I'll get those two straight.

Actually, I meant the other way around...any Herc's coming out to go with the Ajax kit I have awaiting paint? (I have the TLP kit).

Phew, someday I'll get those two straight.

A Nike Hercules to match TLP's Nike Ajax would be a MONSTER!!!:surprised:

It scales out to 6' tall! Check out the scaled drawing.

I will be making more of the 4 x 24mm kits later in the spring.

Hey...I'm only one guy!

View attachment one 5th scale.pdf

Any updates on when the next batch of Little Joe IIs will be available?

Just received my 4x13mm Nike Herc in the mail today! Awesome! Now, to eventually get the 18mm and 24mm varients as well!:lol: Got lucky #7!

Any updates on when the next batch of Little Joe IIs will be available?

Unfortunately I am currently making 3 different sizes of Nike Hercules, the Nike Ajax kit, I have all of the parts for some more LTV Scouts and some Soyuz kit parts...my basement, and my "plate, are pretty much full right now.

I will be making more Little Joe II kits but I just don't have any more room to work!:(

I wonder just how much it would cost me to build a 50' x 50' two story pole building?:rolleyes:

Excuse me while I go and buy some lottery tickets.

P.S. Oh yes...I just got some more custom nose cone orders that have to be filled.

I wonder just how much it would cost me to build a 50' x 50' two story pole building?:rolleyes:
That much balsa would be REALLY expensive!

But you could probably save a little by using wood dowels for the poles.

Sandman,
To bad you're in MI, or I'd come build it for you in trade for nosecones & kits...:rotflol:

Has anyone modified the 18mm Herc to stage?

Any tips would be appreciated.

- Alex

Well, I have to thank you guys.

You've cleaned me out of kits!

I have 2 (two) 4 x 13mm Nike Hercules kits left.

Everybody's kit has been shipped. I am holding a couple waiting for checks to arrive but everything else is sold out.

I will be doing another run of kits later next week and into next week so I'll have more ready the first or second week of March.

Thanks guys!

Hey Gordon, any thoughts of having some available at NARCON?

Hey Gordon, any thoughts of having some available at NARCON?

I won't be going to NARCON but I should have kits ready by then.

I would be nice to go and have some completed models to show but...it's too cold to paint anything!

I'd like to be in for your March release of the 18mm version.

Almost ready! I'm making transitions this weekend and it's the last thing I have to do on the kits.

But...I found a mistake.

I had thought that I could easily upscale the 4 x 13mm RocSim to match a 4 x 18mm model.

Your RocSim software comes with a 4 x 13mm Nike Hercules that Tim V. did.

I was real wrong! It's harder to do that I thought.

I kept going back to it to work on it thinking I would figure it out in time to put it into the kit but alas...no joy.

I had planned on finishing the RocSim and include it in the kits so it says that in the instructions but...I didn't do that. And I left that statement in the instructions...sorry!:eek:

If anyone knows how to do it, please, post the RocSim here.

I have a fresh batch of 4 x 18mm and 4 x 13mm Nike Hercules kits ready.

Plus some Nike Ajax kits too!

I'll be looking forward to the walks to the mailbox this week.

Well, I worked on the RocSim file that was included on the CD for my 13mm Nike Herc, and was able to convert it to single stage(which is how I think the majority uf us are building ours)..Did take a bit of 'futzing' around with it and making the lower motor tubes 'inside tube' but thats how it had to be done..Anyways, Gordon said to post it here :)

Weight and CG location were taken off my as yet unpainted 13mm Nike Herc..

Enjoy!

View attachment My_Nike_Herc_4x13mm.rkt

You sent the 13mm Hercules, but you were out of the 18mm Hercules and Ajax kits at that time.

Back