Low Power Multi-Launch System

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROBO

Reaction score
After a 15 year hiatus, job, family, etc, I am now returning to rocketry (NAR).

I'm a volunteer with a youth group consisting of 5th and 6th graders. I'm introducing them to the sport/hobby of model rocketry. The first project is to build and launch a model rocket. We have selected the Estes Alpha kit to be flown with "A" engines.

I need to purchase, ASAP, a multiple launch system that will handle the launches of the 30 kids in our youth group. The launch system should be capable of handling a minimum of three (3) rockets at a time.

I can build a simple multi-launch pad but, I don't have the time to build a comparable launch control system.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm a volunteer with a youth group consisting of 5th and 6th graders. I'm introducing them to the sport/hobby of model rocketry. The first project is to build and launch a model rocket. We have selected the Estes Alpha kit to be flown with "A" engines.

I need to purchase, ASAP, a multiple launch system that will handle the launches of the 30 kids in our youth group. The launch system should be capable of handling a minimum of three (3) rockets at a time.

I can build a simple multi-launch pad but, I don't have the time to build a comparable launch control system.

Any help is appreciated.

Where do you live? Many NAR sections around the USA will gladly help you with use of their club launch systems. And you may live in an area that requires permits from the local fire authority, so they can help with that as well.

make sure he has one in stock, he has been sick and is/was behind on shipping out product. Just call em up to let em know how quick you need it.... he is a very nice guy

I just got my 6 pack launcher in at it looks cool as can be... now to go and get some cheap extension cords.

Or couse, the cheapest and easiest thing is to get 3 Quest launch systems and use them. They use a 9 volt battery and they also can sell you a $3 "External Battery Connector" to use a higher amperage 6 volt alkaline lantern battery instead.

Visit their website. The Quest models are actually bit better than the Alpha since they are longer and you can fit the wadding AND the recovery system inside (not so easy with the way-too-short Alpha. The Alpha is a sentimental favorite, but let's not let emotions guide our choice of models to use for a youth group. And don't forget the Kevlar shock cord anchors included with Quest kits.

If you must use Estes, the Generic E2X is the proper length for easy recovery system preperation.

Any help is appreciated.

For a launch rack that is quick and dirty, no vertical tilt etc, get a metal saw horse, with the adjustable legs for height, (around $25), and use it to mount 4 to 5 launch rods. Use cheap tiles for blast deflectors.:)

Back