LOC Legacy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandog

Reaction score
I recently came to posess an loc legacy that was partialy build and never flown, unfortunitaly it is missing some parts. I have never built an LOC kit ut it is my understanding that they use the Estes stile tri-fold shock cord mount. Is this true? I was thinking of using a heavy guage paper and about 4 feet of elastic from Jo-Ann's is this going to be enough?

LOC kits are supplied with about 1/16"-3/32" thick nylon string for the anchor. The instructions say tie a knot into the string and then epoxy the string to the inside of the body tube. They also say to make sure the epoxy completely covers the knot in a way so the parachute won't snag. I would just rather use Kevlar as an anchor through the motor mount.

Oh. I suppose an Estes style mount should suffice, but I think you should wait for other people's comments first. They probably have better ideas than me.

I have about 20ft of nylon cord how long should it be? does anyone have a pdf of the instructions so I can get a better idea of how it's done?

Take about 10" of nylon cord, fold it so both ends are together. Tie it together in the middle. Tie a knot at each end. Place on a table and spread the knots out about an inch. Place a piece of tape on the cords just above the knots. Place assembly in rocket, press tape down, and cover with generous amount of epoxy.

Thanks guys, I think I've got it from here.
Peartree: hadn't even thought of that. That's why I love this place, no shortage of good Ideas.
I think I will go with the nylon and epoxy method just because I already have everything I need for that, but the baffle would also work brilliantly.

Back