LDRS 26 DVD Set Available!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY! I wonder how much longer it will be until the Three Oaks video will be ready. Time to order. :D

-DAllen

AHHHHHH, my 5 minutes of fame is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent

The video is Awesome!!!!!!! It's like being there all over again..

A definite must see..

Brent

Oh yeah man, good times.. You see how my Thor suddenly changed direction like that? it looked like I hit a wind shear or something!

I also watched Lee's Thor flight a few times, zoomed in and in slow mo, so I think I know how the zipper occurred. When the nose blows for the main chute, the airframe shoots back at a 90 degree angle. When the shock cord fully extended (About 1 second later), there was a violent jerk to the airframe, changing it's orientation. All of that happened before the chute even opened.

That's the only possible way I can think of that the airframe would have zippered where it did. Anything else seems physically improbable.

Yeah Chris it's funny becasue somewhere in a recent post of yours, you talk about how your Thor ate that motor for breakfast or something to that effect. I remember telling you at LDRS that it's amazing your Thor held together as I watched it suddenly start cork screwwing and somehow pulled back straight out of it. I don't think I'd go for anything bigger in there if I were you :pirate:

Awesome flight though for sure!!! The Talon was beautiful as well!! Nice beautiful flame. When I launch The Predator on all 7, that is the same formula I'm using (David's - P2 Blue). I don't think my Oxamide will be here in time for Monday, so we won't be making the "N" grains , so we can make some 76mm loads of a different blue and a new formula I am creating for a really cool blue.

I need to go get some more beer so I can just watch rockets and drink beer until the sun comes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I am a Rocket Freak, not Geek!!! :D

Brent

Heh, I believe what I said was that the fins were straight 3/8" Baltic Birch Plywood, and that the Thor took that motor and came back begging for more. But not to worry, the N2000 is the absolute biggest I was planning on going anyway. Not like I can fly N's here in CA anyway, and the next N motor I do fly will be that new long burn that AT is coming out with. Or yours, depending on what it comes out to!

Great, I have not seen any video of LDRS26
love to see Our 4x Thor-X, on video.

Still waiting to see the copy of the discovery channels video. I know that someone has a copy!!!

OH man sorry to tell you but the 4X Thor-X didn't make it in the video..

:rotflol: :rotflol: Yeah right, like that could happen... It was beautiful, The slow mo is awesome, it''s like the sparks are jumping out of the TV!

Brent

Chris,
My "N" should be about a N 1500 Just an itty bitty baby "N" :(

Brent

Chris,
My "N" should be about a N 1500 Just an itty bitty baby "N" :(

Brent

Kind of like the baby one I flew at LDRS..;) Just a little N2400 (AMW 98-11000 case)

Just ordered my DVD tonight.. Cant wait to see it. I remember all the flights.. Chris's Thor on the N and the 6" Talon on the Blue. I remember trading notes with Davey as we brought our O motor to fly in the Ron Zeppin Diablo, But didnt get to due to sand storm. He is going to fly it at ARG5 this month on that very motor. so finally The red O motor we built will be flown.
I also remember Brent's flight. I believe it was your L3 flight wasn't it Brent?

All alot of fun. Thats for sure. Im planning on going to this years LDRS and suing up to about 30K worth of that waiver.. Just a Lil research N motor min diameter 4" project.

Come on DVD.. Im ready to check it all out.. :D

Kind of like the baby one I flew at LDRS..;) Just a little N2400 (AMW 98-11000 case)

Just ordered my DVD tonight.. Cant wait to see it. I remember all the flights.. Chris's Thor on the N and the 6" Talon on the Blue. I remember trading notes with Davey as we brought our O motor to fly in the Ron Zeppin Diablo, But didnt get to due to sand storm. He is going to fly it at ARG5 this month on that very motor. so finally The red O motor we built will be flown.
I also remember Brent's flight. I believe it was your L3 flight wasn't it Brent?

All alot of fun. Thats for sure. Im planning on going to this years LDRS and suing up to about 30K worth of that waiver.. Just a Lil research N motor min diameter 4" project.

Come on DVD.. Im ready to check it all out.. :D

It was actually a 12" Talon on the Blue TDK O5000. The intro was too funny. Man do I look like a huge tub of lard in that!

Conway,
yep saw your flight in the vid, man that went straight as an arrow!!!!
Truly beautiful flight!!!

Brent

Back