Estes Gemini Titan

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Night Tripper

Reaction score
I've recently acquired an Estes Gemini Titan (#1978). The construction appears to be straight forward. However, the finishing seems to be almost too simple. For those that have built this rocket, do you have any tips or tricks to make it's appearance pop...above and beyond what is listed in the instructions?

Thanks.

bathroomtitan009.jpg

Last edited:
Here are three pictures of my recently completed Estes Gemini Titan. It is one of my favorite Estes rockets because it looks way cool! :) :cool: I think now it's time to clone the K-21!!!

geminititan 006.jpg

geminititan 007.jpg

geminititan 008.jpg

I've recently acquired an Estes Gemini Titan (#1978). The construction appears to be straight forward. However, the finishing seems to be almost too simple. For those that have built this rocket, do you have any tips or tricks to make it's appearance pop...above and beyond what is listed in the instructions?

Thanks.

bathroomtitan009.jpg

Jonathan,
unfortunately the instructions for this kit are incorrect (IMHO).
In step 7 you should mark the tube with a paper ruler 1 1/4'' from the raised line on the lock ring. Don't do it. 3/4'' are enough. This is very important when it comes to the correct positioning of the decals.
In step 12 you should mask off the white areas. The upper 1 1/4'' wide stripe must be 8 5/8'' from the rear end of the tube (instead of 8'').
The paint scheme of the model on the front panel is wrong. Titan #12558 (= Gemini 4) didn't have a khaki ring on the capsule. (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3c/Gemini_4_-_Start.jpg)
Be careful with the decals. One of the four black rectangles is a bit wider. It's the one that should cover the supply line. Test whether the wrap-around decal with the dots fits (supply line!).
Hope this was useful!

Here are three pictures of my recently completed Estes Gemini Titan. It is one of my favorite Estes rockets because it looks way cool! :) :cool: I think now it's time to clone the K-21!!!

Wow, that is great detailing!
How much of that was standard and how much did you add on?

Wow, that is great detailing!
How much of that was standard and how much did you add on?

I didn't add anything that doesn't belong to the original kit. :eyepop: So all the parts and decals are standard. However, I sealed the seams of the body tube as this is a scale model.

Back