Quantcast
Estes Gemini Titan

Estes Gemini Titan

I've recently acquired an Estes Gemini Titan (#1978). The construction appears to be straight forward. However, the finishing seems to be almost too simple. For those that have built this rocket, do you have any tips or tricks to make it's appearance pop...above and beyond what is listed in the instructions?

Thanks.

Last edited by Night Tripper; 28th February 2009 at 03:21 AM. Reason: add image
    ~Jonathan
    NAR# 88886

birminghamrocketboys.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...id=85225189648

Roger, lift-off, and the clock is started!
    ~Alan Shepard

Gemini Titan built

Here are three pictures of my recently completed Estes Gemini Titan. It is one of my favorite Estes rockets because it looks way cool! I think now it's time to clone the K-21!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geminititan 006.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	5306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geminititan 007.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	5308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geminititan 008.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	5309  

Quote Originally Posted by Night Tripper View Post
    I've recently acquired an Estes Gemini Titan (#1978). The construction appears to be straight forward. However, the finishing seems to be almost too simple. For those that have built this rocket, do you have any tips or tricks to make it's appearance pop...above and beyond what is listed in the instructions?

Thanks.

Jonathan,
    unfortunately the instructions for this kit are incorrect (IMHO).
    In step 7 you should mark the tube with a paper ruler 1 1/4'' from the raised line on the lock ring. Don't do it. 3/4'' are enough. This is very important when it comes to the correct positioning of the decals.
    In step 12 you should mask off the white areas. The upper 1 1/4'' wide stripe must be 8 5/8'' from the rear end of the tube (instead of 8'').
    The paint scheme of the model on the front panel is wrong. Titan #12558 (= Gemini 4) didn't have a khaki ring on the capsule. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._4_-_Start.jpg)
    Be careful with the decals. One of the four black rectangles is a bit wider. It's the one that should cover the supply line. Test whether the wrap-around decal with the dots fits (supply line!).
    Hope this was useful!

Quote Originally Posted by comet79 View Post
    Here are three pictures of my recently completed Estes Gemini Titan. It is one of my favorite Estes rockets because it looks way cool! I think now it's time to clone the K-21!!!

Wow, that is great detailing!
    How much of that was standard and how much did you add on?
    Layne Pemberton NAR# 83083
    Mad Scientist, Minion and Owner
    PembertonTechnologies.com
    P.O. Box 250760
    North Little Rock AR, 72225

L1 on Pem-Tech Space Ark

pem_tech (at) Yahoo (dot) com
    TRF (at) pembertontechnologies (dot) com
    ---------------------------------------------------

L2 - CTI Certify With Us - 4" HMAS Bonestell build

Under Development: Marza as of 04/29/06, Ten-Ten (10-10) as of 03/01/07, LPR M2-Mars Challenger 04/17/07, Starship Achilles as of 07/30/07, Goonie Kraken as of 07/12/08 (Thanks to Jewel Barton), The Gorgon as of 02/12/2010, Sorta' Saturn VII Gemini Launch Vehicle as of 08/08, Lemon Aid as of 08/15/08, Arcturus as of 08/25/06, MPR Bonestell
    as of 1/21/07, Orion Boom-Boom as of 07/01/08,Gorgon 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Pem Tech View Post
    Wow, that is great detailing!
    How much of that was standard and how much did you add on?
    I didn't add anything that doesn't belong to the original kit. So all the parts and decals are standard. However, I sealed the seams of the body tube as this is a scale model.

Thumbs up

Absolutely great looking rocket
    fred