SPEV Paint Job Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve13

Reaction score
Ok I have a Semroc SPEV kit that is together primmed and ready to paint. I am trying to keep with the paint job on the instructions. However it is a 2D picture of a 3D rocket. So if anyone has some pictures of finished SPEVs they could share I would love to see how others have finished theirs. I guess my main areas are the black rectangle on the tube above the first transitions from the bottom. Is that on two sides of the rocket? And the 'roll patern' on the fins. Do I just paint the fins and a square black on opposing sides and leave the other two white?

Ok I have a Semroc SPEV kit that is together primmed and ready to paint. I am trying to keep with the paint job on the instructions. However it is a 2D picture of a 3D rocket. So if anyone has some pictures of finished SPEVs they could share I would love to see how others have finished theirs. I guess my main areas are the black rectangle on the tube above the first transitions from the bottom. Is that on two sides of the rocket? And the 'roll patern' on the fins. Do I just paint the fins and a square black on opposing sides and leave the other two white?

https://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/oop/est_spev.html

Mario would probably be able to answer this, as his models are always amazingly finished. Refer to the link and then peruse the JimZ website as suggested.

Mario would probably be able to answer this, as his models are always amazingly finished. Refer to the link and then peruse the JimZ website as suggested.

Aw shucks Fred, now you've gone and made me blush.

Actually, about 6 years ago I put out a "Repro-duction" of this kit (see: Repro-Rockets™). I included a full color paint scheme in the instructions.

Below is my SPEV in my usual photo style along w/the paint scheme.
Hope it helps:
Anleu&

Back