EMRR 2008 Challenge is Open!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's getting really close to the design this spaceship deadline, and i'm still painting mine. With just over a week to go, and britain in the middle of a windy cold patch its going to be a close call. I found this years spaceships much more difficult than last years; much more fabricating of bits and bobs. How many of you guys think you're going to meet the deadline?

we've had an extension of two weeks for the design this spaceship contest, whuch i'm glad about as i was looking to have to fly this sunday to get the review done, this way i can fly, collect in the broken pieces, reglue and fly again! new deadline 15th of December.

i've just been on EMRR and although there has been an extention on the design this spaceship, there does not seem to be an extension on getting the six points for the 2008 challenge, does this mean that if i submit an entyry on the 5th (for example) if would only get 4 points for the challenge?

Great Question - I am in the same boat - traveling home tomorrow, finish painting, and flying on Sunday unless the extension applies to the Challenge. Did you send a note to EMRR on their website? If so, post their reply here I would love to get another few days.

Ray

i've emailed Nick.

i guess if we get the draft reviews in by the 1st, we would get the 6 points, and then the judging would not be until the 15th, so we could get the flights in during those two weeks.

wow, Nick was really quick with the reply, we have an extension on both the design this spaceship, and the 2008 challenge. still going to try and get it flown by this weekend to get it in as soon as possible, i promised myself that i would not procrastinate.

Back