Performance Rocketry 6" Airframe Tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11bravo

Reaction score
Anyone know the actual O.D. and I.D. of this tube?
I e-mailed the guys at Performance but have not heard back from them; its been like 4-5 days.

Thanks.

I dont know if you still need exact measurements, but I just received my new 6" kit on Friday and I measured for you.

ID is exactly 6"
OD is exactly 6 3/16" (6.1875")

Their rocksim data showed an inside dia of 6", but an outside of 6.14, which was just a tiny bit off.

Cris

I dont know if you still need exact measurements, but I just received my new 6" kit on Friday and I measured for you.

ID is exactly 6"
OD is exactly 6 3/16" (6.1875")

Their rocksim data showed an inside dia of 6", but an outside of 6.14, which was just a tiny bit off.

Cris

Cool.
Thanks, that will help.

Keep in mind with the Performance tubes that they are hand made. Since the mandrel is fixed the ID will probably be rock solid, however Curtis turns the OD on a centerless grinder so there may be a matter of batch to batch on OD tolerance.

It was brought to may attention that I might have misspoke here, or the emphasis was wrong. To that end I wish to correct what I said.

1. By hand made, I meant that these are not the high volume (fully automated machine type) lights out in the factory fabrication. They are made by people in a shop dedicated to this purpose. Some may think I meant a guy in a garage with a mandrel and a beer in hand.

2. I personally have never had a problem with centerless grinding, That is other than being around the dusty filthy mess that it is.

The only caveat I leave is that I could find no spec at all and assumed worse than may be the truth.

My regrets.

Now please pardon me while I change which shoe I have stuffed in my mouth.

Back