TRA and the Discovery Channel are looking for LDRS projects!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketRick

Reaction score
The Tripoli Rocketry Association and the Discovery Channel have signed a multi-year/multi-event contract, which begins with this LDRS!

LDRS 29 and Balls will be covered by the Discovery Channel this year, but we need projects for them to film!

Two special events will be highlighted at LDRS 29:

1. Low Altitude Odd-ROC rocket launches, in the same spirit as Ky Michaelson's Flying Porta-Potty from LDRS 22, and
  2. A 16 Rocket drag race.
    • This drag race is limited to 16 contestants.
    • Rules and vehicle configuration are being finalized, but tentatively we're looking at "J" motors with colored flames and 6-inch diameter body tubes. (All to show up better on camera.)

They are also looking for Special Projects with (visual) impact:

• Big rocket projects
  • Odd rocket projects
  • Projects made by LDRS veterans who've been around for years
  • Rockets made by younger kids who are future LDRS stars
  • Rockets breaking records; pushing the limits of rocket construction
  • A whole family of rocket-makers
  • Pat G on a Stick

Discovery is planning to film at the builder's locale, and at LDRS.

Final contest rules and vehicle rules will be announced on the LDRS 29 web site as soon as finalized.

Please contact Dick Embry at [email protected] or Bruce Lee at [email protected] if you want to participate in one or both of the two special events, or if you have a project that you are willing to share with the Discovery Channel's audience.

that is excellent news. Great exposure for the hobby. I will be looking forward to it on TV! If it werent 3000 miles away I would be there.

Matt

that is excellent news. Great exposure for the hobby. I will be looking forward to it on TV! If it werent 3000 miles away I would be there.

Matt

Ditto for me as well...Unless I win the lotto..Anyone got any lucky numbers?..LOL..

Back