Just Rockets yard sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott ulrey

Reaction score
Last year we did a end of year clean out the trailer sale and it went over well. I had completely for got about it for this year and have received a few emails and PM's asking if we were going to do it again. The answer is yes. We have cleaned out the trailer and started placing items on ROL and will be doing so off and on for the next few weeks or so. Thanks and have a safe and Happy New Year, Scott

ps. too bad TRF dosen't have an auction site!

AAAAAARGH!

Reserve prices, I hate reserve prices. I do so wish people would just put an opening bid price....

I know I for one wouldn't be buying any of the G80s, seen too many of them things CATO.

Too bad paypal is the only accepted method of payment as I might have been interested in some of the 24mm reloads.

I know I for one wouldn't be buying any of the G80s, seen too many of them things CATO.

Too bad paypal is the only accepted method of payment as I might have been interested in some of the 24mm reloads.
What's wrong with paypal?

that site won't let me register. And I could use one of those grab bags too:(

Donald,

Email me and tell what you are interested in. I am going to bid on some stuff, and I can place some bids for you. You can get them at the next launch.

I tried to (re)register for the site and found it to be a $#&^!!%** I can't get in either.:rolleyes:

Niether can I! Got the verification e-mail, and everytime I try to log in it says 'invalid password'..:mad: What's up with that?

Niether can I! Got the verification e-mail, and everytime I try to log in it says 'invalid password'..:mad: What's up with that?

There is nothing wrong with Paypal. I used it twice on Ebay yesterday (on the 29th). Likely it is the weak/poor design/interface handoff of ROL that is contributing to the problem.

Are you having problems registering with ROL, or with somewhere else?

If it's ROL, please forward me the verification email that you're having problems with, so I can figure out why it's not working for you, and fix it.

Obviously, we want to do everything we can to help Scott and his customers out.

-Kevin

It's with ROL..Will forward the confirmation e-mail to ya momentarily ;)

e-mail sent thu the 'send e-mail' option here on TRF...

It's with ROL..Will forward the confirmation e-mail to ya momentarily ;)

Same here

I actually registered twice ~ the second time because I simply thought (naturally) that I hopelessly screwed up my first attempt.

Sending them on to Herr Trojanowski

Thanks to Pantherjon and Hospital Rocket, I've figured out the problem, and it's fixed -- it was a password encryption problem.

What does this mean to you?

If you've already registered and are getting a password error, send me a message (here or via email at [email protected]) and let me know your auction username. I'll reset your password and send it to you via the email address I have on file for you, along with instructions on how to change it yourself.

I cannot tell you what your password is right now, as they're encrypted, so I cannot read them. And the hash got screwed up, so they encrypted wrong, which is why some folks passwords aren't working.

-Kevin

If you've already registered and are getting a password error, send me a message (here or via email at [email protected]) and let me know your auction username. I'll reset your password and send it to you via the email address I have on file for you, along with instructions on how to change it yourself

-Kevin
I'm In!! Thanks, Kevin
AAAAAARGH!

Reserve prices, I hate reserve prices. I do so wish people would just put an opening bid price....
Scott is using the "Buy It Now" feature. The BIN goes away with the first bid over the reserve, so a reserve keeps the BIN available until someone puts in a high enough bid.

Got my new one too! And have since reset it! ;)

The 'hash' got screwed up? What, did it get too dry?:rotflol:

Thanks for the quick fix Kevin!

I'd like to thank you for this not only because we will get all these awesome deals but also it will help to get people back into the rol community. Most of the old users left and this seems like it will bring alot of them back. Hopefully rol can now become what it used to be.

AAAAAARGH!

I wish we could too! it seems that on the new ROL all you can do is a minimum bid price meaning $1.00 or $2.00 per bid, a reserve price and a buy now price. I do agree with you and maybe they will change that in the near future. Buy hey, That just might take all the fun out of the bidding????? Have a Happy New Year, Scott

I'd like to thank you for this not only because we will get all these awesome deals but also it will help to get people back into the rol community. Most of the old users left and this seems like it will bring alot of them back. Hopefully rol can now become what it used to be.

Hi Tedman, I agree! I looked at ROL and thought it looked like a ghost town. I my self have only used ROL and have used it for the past six plus years. It is a great avenue for all kinds of folks and everything rocketry. I do wish there was some way that Kevin could restore everyones rating as that really means a lot to a lot of buyers. Have a safe and Happy New Years, Scott

I wish we could too! it seems that on the new ROL all you can do is a minimum bid price meaning $1.00 or $2.00 per bid, a reserve price and a buy now price. I do agree with you and maybe they will change that in the near future. Buy hey, That just might take all the fun out of the bidding????? Have a Happy New Year, Scott

I think this is a misunderstanding, due to possible bad wording on the pages...

Bidding works a lot like it does on eBay -- the minimum bid is the opening bid, or the starting point for the item. If you do that and don't set a reserve, then it goes for whatever the highest bid ends up.

If you set a reserve and a minimum bid, then it starts at the minimum, but bids have to reach the reserve before you're obligated to sell.

In either case, the required bid increment is based on the current bid for the item -- lower priced items allow lower bid increments (in the pennies range), whereas higher priced items (once an item hits $500, for example) require bid increments in the dollar range.

-Kevin

Is ROL up right now im having a very hard time getting to it?

Is ROL up right now im having a very hard time getting to it?

I'm not sure; I just got home from work and cannot connect, either. I see the server admins are logged in, now I just need to determine what they're doing.

-Kevin

Back